Frequently asked questions
Other HP Support
How can I contact Technical/Product Support?
- You can find product and setup resources as well as excellent support forums online at HP Customer Support.
- If you need help from an HP Technician, you can also create a support case at the link above.
I need a part (battery, power cord, etc.) for my HP product, but can't find it on your site. Where can I order this?
- Check online at the HP Parts Store.
Where can I find my order status?
- For order status, please visit HP.com Store order status and sign in to your account or use your order number and email address to get order status.
- Once your order has shipped, you'll receive an update email which will include the tracking number for your order. To see the status of your shipment, you can either click on the tracking number link in your email/online status, or you can go to FedEx tracking and enter your tracking number.
- Note: Some of our shipments are delivered by UPS - follow the link found in your shipping confirmation email to be taken to UPS shipping and delivery details.
Can I edit my current order (order details, shipping/billing information, email, etc.)?
- If the change you want to make is necessary, after order placement, we have a limited amount of time (one hour) to cancel and resubmit the order. However, if your order has reached processing status, the order may not be cancellable.
- For your protection, we do not allow address changes after an order has been placed.
Products sold on HP.com
What products do you sell on HP.com?
We offer the best selection of HP consumer and commercial products and services and also other brands that complement our products so you can get a complete solution for you or your business in one place!
- Ready-to-ship: We carry ready-to-ship products (laptops, desktops, workstations, printers, ink, toner, paper, accessories) that typically ship out from our warehouses on the same day of order placement if accepted before our published order cutoff time. Ready-to-Ship laptops, desktops and workstations can be added to your cart directly and do not have a configuration step. Simply click “Add to cart”.
- Built at order: Customize! Most of our laptops, desktops and workstations are available with customization options for you to select the best configuration that meets your needs. As a result, these systems have a lead-time prior to shipment from our factories. Select “Customize & buy”, make the component changes you want and click “Add to cart”. Even if you change nothing and stick with our standard configuration, these systems enter the build process once you place your order. There is a lead time due to several factors including component supply, order volume and general processing time. Please check the “Ships on” date shown under the product image while configuring. Once in your cart, your computer will display the “Estimated ship date” directly under the product name and links to view/edit customization and return policy. When selecting a shipping speed, please note shipping starts once your computer is built and shipped. Please allow 1 additional business day for clearing U.S. Customs.
- Lead-time: Other products we carry, while not built at order or customizable, do have a lead-time in order to be sourced to our warehouse and then shipped out to you. These are either products that are currently on backorder, newly released products on pre-order, or low volume/limited supply products that require an order to source them.
- HP Care Packs: Investment protection! Extend your coverage to 3 or even 4 years with enhanced coverage from an HP Care Pack. Our Care Packs are all electronically fulfilled, confirmed and registered through email. Nothing will be sent to you physically. More information on our Care Packs can be found here.
- Software: We offer several options for the software we carry including boxed with disc, boxed with no disc (download required), and electronic (download required). The boxed software requires shipment from our warehouse while the electronic software is sent after your order is confirmed through email.
- Gift cards: HP.com Store gift cards are either in electronic format (e-gift card) or physical card form. E-gift cards are fulfilled through email to your chosen recipient. Physical gift cards are sent through the mail and take 5 to 7 days to arrive.
All products sold through our store are new; we don't sell refurbished, open-box or used products.
Why does my laptop/desktop/workstation have a lead time/Estimated Ship Date?
Many of the PCs and workstations we sell at HP.com are built to order. That means, even if you change nothing in the configuration for your order, we send your order directly to our factory for building at that time. There is a lead time due to several factors including component supply, order volume and general processing time.
If you need a PC right away, please consider buying one of our Ready-to-Ship computers. These can be added to your cart directly and do not have a configuration step where you can select the components. Simply click “Add to cart”.
Please note that if any of our Ready-to-Ship products reflects a lead time, this is due to being either on backorder or preorder.
What is backorder?
Backorder means that we are accepting orders for a product, even though the product is not yet available in our inventory but is expected very soon. Therefore, there is a short lead-time and orders placed will by that later date shown. The expected ship date is shown on the product page and in the cart, once added.
What is pre-order?
Pre-order means that we are accepting orders for a new or coming-soon product, even though the product is not yet fulfillable and will be shipped at a later date. The expected ship date is shown on the product page and in the cart, once added.
What payment methods does HP.com accept?
- We accept Discover, Visa, MasterCard, American Express credit cards, PayPal, and HP.com gift cards.
- If you are using a credit card, only one card can be used per transaction.
- Your payment account will be charged when you place your order. See terms and conditions for more information.
Where will HP.com ship products?
- HP.com ships to residential and business addresses within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
- U.S. Military members stationed at an APO may sign up for the ShipIt APO service and then checkout with that shipping information.
- We are unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
- Store pick-up is not available for HP.com Store purchases.
How can I track my shipment?
- Once your order has shipped, you will receive an update email which will include the tracking number or numbers for your order. To see the status of your shipment, you can either click on the tracking number link in your email, or you can go to FedEx tracking and enter your tracking number.
- Note: Some of our shipments are delivered by UPS - follow the link found in your shipping confirmation email to be taken to UPS shipping and delivery details or go to UPS tracking and enter your tracking number.
What does a clearance delay mean?
- PCs that are shipped directly from our overseas factories go through a U.S. Customs clearance check. Please allow 1 business day for U.S. Customs clearance. Infrequently, we may experience a delay in that step which may impact the delivery date of your order. If you do not see progress after 2 business days, please contact us for assistance.
When should I call HP.com?
- If orders are delayed, we will do our best to update you accordingly via email.
- For cancellations and order verification, please call Customer Service 1-800-407-4005
Price Matching & Price Protection
Does HP.com price match?
- Yes, on new orders, HP.com will match the current direct-fulfilled, pre-tax price for new "Comparable PCs" and identical HP printer model numbers from any nationally recognized on-line retailer.
- Price matching does not apply to intra-day, daily deals, in-store, or limited-time promotions.
- Click here for full detail.
How do I request a price match?
- Please call us to request a price match and to complete your new purchase.
- Please have the model number that you are comparing ready.
Does HP.com offer price protection?
- Yes. You can contact us within 30 days of delivery date if we lower the price of the product you purchased and it's still in stock and hasn't been discontinued.
- Price protection does not apply to business series products, non-HP branded products, intra-day, daily deals, in-store, or limited-time promotions.
- Click here for full detail.
How do I request a price protection refund?
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a credit
- Step 1: Identify the same lower-priced product that you purchased within the return and exchange period (30 days after delivery date).
- Step 2: Email HP.com Store customer service at email@example.com with the active link, exact product and lower price of the product you purchased from us and your order number. Once confirmed, we will issue your refund.
- Click here for full detail.
Returns and Refunds
What can I return?
- Items purchased at HP.com either by phone or online and within the return window can be returned.
- Most products can be returned within 30 days of delivery date. Check your order detail to confirm the return window.
- However, there are some exceptions: Gift cards, opened software, and digital software downloads are not returnable. Also, account managed orders must be handled through your account manager.
How can I return my order?
- for returns under $250, online return is available.
- For exchanges or returns over $250, please use chat or over the phone.
Can I exchange or get a replacement?
- Yes. You can request an exchange or replacement through chat or over the phone.
When will I get my refund?
- Your refund for your return will be issued as soon as we confirm receipt of the products. Depending on your financial institution, the credit will take about 3 to 5 business days to reflect on your account depending on the processing time of your financial institution.
Will I get all of what I paid back?
- Return refunds may be subject to a restocking fee up to 15% of the purchase price, plus any applicable sales tax and the cost of express shipping if you paid for it at checkout, unless the product is defective or the return is a result of an HP.com error. Details for any deduction will be shown on your confirmation email for the return.
Gift Card Balance
How can I check the balance of my HP.com gift card?
- Click here and select "Check your balance" in the upper right corner.
- Your 16 digit gift card number and PIN are needed to check the balance.
How do I use a coupon on my purchase?
- Coupon codes are limited to one use per customer.
- Only one coupon code can be used during checkout (multiple coupons cannot be used on the same purchase). Enter the coupon code at checkout (under "Shipping Method" options).
- Coupons may not be used to purchase gift cards.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Sales Tax Exemption
How do I apply for sales tax exemption?
- We validate exemption requests after orders are placed, so your order will initially include sales tax. When your exemption documentation is received and validated, a credit will be issued to the payment account used on your order as soon as your order ships.
- How to request a sales tax exemption:
- Fill out the exemption request form with your name, sales order number, and the name of the exempt organization for which the purchase was made.
- Attach your state sales tax exemption documentation
- Please review your state's requirements for exemption documentation and ensure all required names, signatures, and dates are included.
- Send the request to HP.com by either:
How can I contact HP.com Store help?