Frequently asked questions
Other HP Support
How can I contact Technical/Product Support?
- You can find product and setup resources as well as excellent support forums online at HP Customer Support.
- If you need help from an HP Technician, you can also create a support case at the link above.
I need a part (battery, power cord, etc.) for my HP product, but can't find it on your site. Where can I order this?
- Check online at the HP Parts Store.
Where can I find my order status?
- For order status, please visit HP.com Store order status and sign in to your account or use your order number and email address to get order status.
- Once your order has shipped, you'll receive an update email which will include the tracking number for your order. To see the status of your shipment, you can either click on the tracking number link in your email/online status, or you can go to FedEx tracking and enter your tracking number.
- Note: Some of our shipments are delivered by UPS - follow the link found in your shipping confirmation email to be taken to UPS shipping and delivery details.
Can I edit my current order (order details, shipping/billing information, email, etc.)?
- If the change is necessary, after order placement, we have a limited amount of time (one hour) to cancel and resubmit the order. However, if your order has reached processing status, the order may not be cancellable.
- For your protection, we do not allow address changes after an order has been placed.
- For immediate assistance, please call Customer Service.
What payment methods does HP.com accept?
- We accept Discover, Visa, MasterCard, American Express credit cards, PayPal Express Checkout, and HP.com gift cards.
- If you are using a credit card, only one card can be used per transaction.
Where will HP.com ship products?
- HP.com ships to residential and business addresses within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
- U.S. Military members stationed at an APO may sign up for the ShipIt APO service and then checkout with that shipping information.
- We are unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
- Store pick-up is not available for HP.com Store purchases.
How can I track my shipment?
- Once your order has shipped, you will receive an update email which will include the tracking number or numbers for your order. To see the status of your shipment, you can either click on the tracking number link in your email, or you can go to FedEx tracking and enter your tracking number.
- Note: Some of our shipments are delivered by UPS - follow the link found in your shipping confirmation email to be taken to UPS shipping and delivery details or go to UPS tracking and enter your tracking number.
What does a clearance delay mean?
- PCs that are shipped directly from our overseas factories go through a U.S. Customs clearance check. Please allow 1 business day for U.S. Customs clearance. Infrequently, we may experience a delay in that step which may impact the delivery date of your order. If you do not see progress after 2 business days, please contact us for assistance.
When should I call HP.com?
- If orders are delayed, we will do our best to update you accordingly via email.
- For cancellations and order verification, please call Customer Service 1-800-407-4005
Price Matching & Price Protection
Does HP.com price match?
- Yes, on new orders, HP.com will match the current direct-fulfilled, pre-tax price for new "Comparable PCs" and identical HP printer model numbers from any nationally recognized on-line retailer.
- Price matching does not apply to intra-day, daily deals, in-store, or limited-time promotions.
- Click here for full detail.
How do I request a price match?
- Please call us to request a price match and to complete your new purchase.
- Please have the model number that you are comparing ready.
Does HP.com offer price protection?
- Yes. You can contact us within 30 days of delivery date if we lower the price of the product you purchased and it's still in stock and hasn't been discontinued.
- Price protection does not apply to business series products, non-HP branded products, intra-day, daily deals, in-store, or limited-time promotions.
- Click here for full detail.
How do I request a price protection refund?
- Contact us via email at email@example.com to request a credit
- Step 1: Identify the same lower-priced product that you purchased within the return and exchange period (30 days after delivery date).
- Step 2: Email HP.com Store customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org with the active link, exact product and lower price of the product you purchased from us and your order number. Once confirmed, we will issue your refund.
- Click here for full detail.
Returns and Refunds
What can I return?
- Items purchased at HP.com either by phone or online and within the return window can be returned.
- Most products can be returned within 30 days of delivery date. Check your order detail to confirm the return window.
- However, there are some exceptions: Gift cards, opened software, and digital software downloads are not returnable. Also, account managed orders must be handled through your account manager.
How can I return my order?
- for returns under $500, online return is available.
- For exchanges or returns over $500, please use chat or over the phone.
Can I exchange or get a replacement?
- Yes. You can request an exchange or replacement through chat or over the phone.
When will I get my refund?
- Your refund for your return will be issued as soon as we confirm receipt of the products. Depending on your financial institution, the credit will take about 3 to 5 business days to reflect on your account depending on the processing time of your financial institution.
Gift Card Balance
How can I check the balance of my HP.com gift card?
- Click here and select "Check your balance" in the upper right corner.
- Your 16 digit gift card number and PIN are needed to check the balance.
How do I use a coupon on my purchase?
- Coupon codes are limited to one use per customer.
- Only one coupon code can be used during checkout (multiple coupons cannot be used on the same purchase). Enter the coupon code at checkout (under "Shipping Method" options).
- Coupons may not be used to purchase gift cards.
- Other restrictions may apply.
Sales Tax Exemption
How do I apply for sales tax exemption?
- We validate exemption requests after orders are placed, so your order will initially include sales tax. When your exemption documentation is received and validated, a credit will be issued to the payment account used on your order as soon as your order ships.
- How to request a sales tax exemption:
- Fill out the exemption request form with your name, sales order number, and the name of the exempt organization for which the purchase was made.
- Attach your state sales tax exemption documentation
- Please review your state's requirements for exemption documentation and ensure all required names, signatures, and dates are included.
- Send the request to HP.com by either:
How can I contact HP.com Store help?