- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- 8 GB
- Intel UHD Graphics
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY NOTICE
HP Z2 Small Form Factor G4 Workstation
Get high-end performance in a compact device. Take on 3D design projects and work in multiple pro apps with ease. And with near endless configuration options, it's the ideal hardware if you need a custom solution.
Take processing to record speeds
Crush demanding single and multi-threaded workflows and take on aggressive multi-tasking without throttling. We redesigned our proprietary motherboard to give you full performance, while keeping components running cool and quiet.
Forget off the shelf. Make it your own.
Build a system matched exactly to your needs with over a million possible configurations. Keep clear of messy dongles and adapters—with customizable I/O ports you can support new, legacy and specialized equipment.
Safeguard your data. Protect your privacy.
Advanced security features come standard on every Z2 Small Form Factor. System safeguards like HP Client Security Suite Gen3 and HP Sure Start Gen4 - the industry’s first self-healing BIOS - mean your device is locked down tight, so your data and identity are too.
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- Intel® UHD Graphics 630
- Starting at 5.7 kg
- 3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
|Operating system||Windows 10 Pro 64|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i7 8700 with Intel® UHD Graphics 630 (3.2 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)|
|Processor footnote|| Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance. Intel, Pentium, Intel Core, Celeron, Intel logo and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
 Intel® Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost/ for more information.
|Processor family||8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor|
|Number of processors||1|
|Memory||8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)|
|Memory slots||4 DIMM|
|Hard drive description||1 TB 7200 rpm SATA|
|Optical drive||HP Slim DVD-ROM|
|External drive bays||One 3.5" HDD|
|Internal drive bays||One 2.5"; One 3.5"; Two M.2 NVME 2280 SSD|
|Display and graphics|
|Graphics||Intel® UHD Graphics 630|
|I/O Port location||Front|
|Ports||1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 USB 2.0 (charging); 2 USB 3.0; 1 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ (charging)|
|I/O Port location||Back|
|Ports||1 audio-in; 1 audio-out; 1 DVI-I single link; 1 RJ-45; 2 DisplayPort™ 1.2; 2 USB 2.0; 4 USB 3.0|
|I/O Port location||Rear|
|Ports||1 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0|
|External I/O ports footnote|| Optional or add-on feature|
|Expansion slots||2 M.2 PCIe 3 x4; 1 PCIe Gen 3 x16; 2 PCIe 3 x1 (x4 open ended connector); 2 PCIe 3 x4 (x16 connector)|
|Audio||Conexant CX20632-31Z, 1.5W internal mono speaker|
|Pointing device||HP USB Optical Mouse|
|Keyboard||HP USB Business Slim Keyboard|
|Network interface type||LAN|
|Network interface||Integrated Intel® I219-LM PCIe® GbE|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power||310 W internal power adapter, up to 90% efficiency, active PFC|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||33.8 x 38.1 x 10 cm|
|Weight||Starting at 5.7 kg|
|Security management||HP Business PC Security Lock Kit; HP Keyed Cable Lock Kit; HP Solenoid Hood Lock and Sensor; HP UltraSlim Cable Lock Kit; HP Client Security Suite Gen 4; HP Sure Start Gen 4; HP Sure Run; HP Sure Click; HP BIOSphere Gen4|
|Software||HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS)|
|Software footnote|| HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires internet access.|
|Warranty and Services|
|Warranty||3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.|
|Services (Care Pack)||Receive 5 years of next business day onsite repair from an HP-qualified technician for your computing device, if the issue cannot be solved remotely. For more information on Care Pack services, please visit www.hp.com/go/cpc.|
Purchase with Purchase
- This promotion is valid while stock last.
- Discount is applied automatically at checkout.
- Images shown above are not drawn to scale and are for illustration purposes only.
- HP reserves the right to change, cancel or supplement the promotion or these terms and conditions at any time, and may cancel, terminate or discontinue the promotion at any time without prior notice.
- In case of any disputes arising from this promotion, HP reserves the final and binding right of decision.
-  Requires Windows and Intel® or AMD 7th or 8th generation processors.
-  HP Sure Start Gen4 is available on HP Elite and HP Workstation products equipped with 8th generation Intel® or AMD processors.
-  Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.windows.com
-  Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  In accordance with Microsoft’s support policy, HP does not support the Windows® 8 or Windows 7 operating system on products configured with Intel and AMD 7th generation and forward processors or provide any Windows®8 or Windows 7 drivers on http://www.support.hp.com
-  Intel® Optane™ memory (cache) is sold separately. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system and requires configuration with an Intel® Core™ i+ processor.
-  vPro. Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Compatibility future "virtual appliances" is yet to be determined.
-  Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance. Intel, Pentium, Intel Core, Celeron, Intel logo and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
-  Intel® Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost/ for more information.
-  For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 36GB of system disk (for Windows 10) is reserved for system recovery software.
-  Optional or add-on feature
-  HD content required to view HD images.
-  Intel® HD graphics 630 is configurable as a standalone graphics option; Intel® HD graphics P630 only used when NVIDIA® Optimus™ Technology is enabled.
-  NVIDIA® Quadro® mobile professional graphics support up to four independent displays when using a HP ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt 3 (sold separately) or DP 1.2 hubs with MST.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required and sold separately. Availability of public wireless access points limited. The specifications for the 802.11ac WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the workstation to communicate with other 802.11ac WLAN devices.
-  3 DisplayPort 1.2 in Performance model.
-  HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires internet access.
-  Based on US EPEAT® registration according to IEEE 1680.1-2018 EPEAT®. Status varies by country. Visit www.epeat.net for more information.
-  Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
-  With Blu-Ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
-  Some devices for academic use will automatically be updated to Windows 10 Pro Education with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Features vary; see https://aka.ms/ProEducation for Windows 10 Pro Education feature information.
-  HP BIOSphere Gen4 features may vary depending on the PC platform and configurations requires 8th Gen Intel® processors.
-  HP Client Security Suite Gen 4 requires Windows and Intel® or AMD 8th generation processors.
-  HP Sure Click is available on select HP platforms and supports Microsoft® Internet Explorer and Chromium™. Check http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA7-0922ENW for all compatible platforms as they become available.
-  HP Sure Start Gen4 is available on HP Workstation products equipped with Intel® 8th generation processors.
-  HP Sure Run is available on HP Workstations products equipped with 8th generation Intel® or AMD® processors.
-  External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen.
-  1TB, 4TB and 6TB Enterprise Class 3.5” HDDs.
-  Intel® Optane™ memory is sold separately. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system. Available for HP commercial desktops and notebooks and for select HP workstations (HP Z240 Tower/SFF, Z2 Mini, ZBook Studio, 15 and 17 G5) and requires a SATA HDD, 7th Gen or higher Intel® Core™ processor or Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 V6 product family or higher, BIOS version with Intel® Optane™ supported, Windows 10 version 1703 or higher, M.2 type 2280-S1-B-M connector on a PCH Remapped PCIe Controller and Lanes in a x2 or x4 configuration with B-M keys that meet NVMe™ Spec 1.1, and an Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 15.5 driver.
-  Configurations with the Xeon E-2124G, E-2126G, E-2136, E-2144G, 2174G and E-2176G offered on the Mini Performance model only.