HP Terms and Conditions of Online and Phone Sales (“Terms”) by HP PPS Sales Sdn. Bhd. (Company No. 1129628-X).
HP PPS Sales Sdn. Bhd. (Company No. 1129628-X) ("HP") in association with VSTECS Astar Sdn. Bhd. (Company No. 263791K) ("Service Provider"), Lot 3, Jalan Teknologi 3/5, Taman Sains Selangor, Kota Damansara, 47810, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, provides you the HP Online store ('Store' or 'HP Website') services subject to the notices, terms, and conditions set forth herein. In addition, when you use any HP Online store service, you may be subject to the rules, guidelines, policies, terms and conditions applicable to such service, and may also be incorporated by reference. HP reserves the right to change the services provided through the HP Online store and/or these terms at any time. HP retains the right to deny access to anyone who we believe has violated these terms.
Service Provider is an HP authorized distributor and shall be responsible for fulfilments of this HP website.
THE HP WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE HP WEBSITES IS WITH YOU. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE STATED IN THESE TERMS, SHOULD THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU, AND NOT HP, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING AND REPAIR. HP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THE HP WEBSITES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS). WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, HP MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE HP WEBSITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE HP WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE HP WEBSITES WILL BE CORRECTED. HP MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE HP WEBSITES OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE HP WEBSITES. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE HP WEBSITES OR FROM HP, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR OTHER AFFILIATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR SUPPLIERS (OR THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS OF ANY SUCH ENTITIES) (COLLECTIVELY, "THE HP PARTIES") SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. HP DISCLAIMS ALL EQUITABLE INDEMNITIES.
The HP online portal is developed, maintained and updated by HP. The process of payment authorization and receipt, order acceptance and fulfillment, and other physical portions of a transaction are managed by the Service provider. As stated, Service Provider shall be solely responsible for fulfillment of all orders successfully placed through the Store including but not limited to invoicing, payment processing and product delivery to customers. In no event shall HP, its affiliates, directors, officers, agents, consultants or employees etc. be liable for any purchases made through the HP Online store. You hereby to the fullest extent permissible waive any and all claims that you may have against HP and its Representatives arising as a result of or in relation to the HP online store or purchases made through the HP Online store including, inter-alia, claims relating to payment and delivery of the products.
- Payment for products is due prior to delivery of the product. Payment for services is due prior to return of the serviced goods to you. Payment for services is due upon receipt of invoice. In any event you must make your payment in a form and at a time acceptable to HP and Service Provider. Where you make your purchase relying on credit provided by a third party, any acceptance by HP and Service Provider is subject to that third party providing credit to you. HP and Service Provider are not bound to complete the order and has no liability to you in the event that that third party fails to provide sufficient credit for the purchase.
- HP and Service Provider may change credit or payment terms at any time if, in HP and Service Provider's opinion, your financial condition, previous payment record or the nature of your relationship with HP and Service Provider so warrants.
- Prices, delivery charges and payment will be as specified in the HP Store, as determined when ordering online or over the phone. If applicable, HP and Service Provider will list delivery charges as a separate line item on its invoices. Prices will include the applicable goods and services taxes as at the date that the order is accepted by HP and / or Service Provider and the sale has been processed and concluded.
- HP and Service Provider reserves the right to change prices published on the HP Store at any time including, in respect of an order, at any time prior to acceptance of that order by HP and / or Service Provider.
- HP and / or Service Provider reserves the right to correct the price at any time prior to delivery where there has been a typographical or other error in the price. HP will notify you of the corrected price. You may choose to pay the corrected price, however if you do not choose to pay the corrected price, then HP and / or Service Provider will have the right to cancel your order without further obligation to you (other than to issue an appropriate refund or credit to your account, as may be applicable, if you have already paid).
- No delivery charge for all online web orders within Malaysia. For call center assisted orders, no delivery charge within Malaysia unless stipulated as otherwise in the program’s level terms & conditions.
- Prices for bundled items displayed are rounded to the nearest dollar.
- For configured systems, the options and/or accessories configured will be delivered together with the configured system. Any option and/or accessories published with separate price will be delivered in a separate box.
- Prices quoted do not include installation. If you need assistance in installation, you may be able to purchase an installation and set-up service at the time of purchasing the product or you can go to an HP authorized reseller for help.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by HP and / or Service Provider. HP and / or Service Provider will provide you with an order acceptance or rejection notice as soon as reasonably possible.
- You will specify a delivery address within Malaysia, unless otherwise agreed.
- HP products purchased within Malaysia will only be shipped or delivered within Malaysia. You may not export or resell out of Malaysia any products purchased at the HP Online Store.
HP and / or Service Provider will initiate processing your order upon payment receipt. You must only submit to us or the Site information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes.If there are any issues such as incomplete address, payment amount does not tally with order value, stock not available for one or complete set of products ordered and any such issues that could potentially delay the delivery, such orders will be referred to Customer Service Representatives (CSR). CSR will call or mail you to inform the issues. Only upon resolving the issues, the order will be processed. HP will not be responsible for any delay or other irregularities which may be caused by or resulting from any inaccurate or incomplete information provided by you.
- HP and / or Service Provider reserves the right to cancel any accepted order prior to delivery at HP and / or Service Provider discretion in the event of any pricing error or any material error in connection with your order or other terms published in the HP Store relevant for your order, or if any further verification of your credit conditions or records so warrants. For the avoidance of doubt, HP and / or Service Provider will not be responsible for any pricing error or any material error as described above. If you have already made payment and your order is cancelled, HP and / or Service Provider will issue an appropriate refund or credit to your account, as may be applicable.
- Once you have submitted your order, it is final and binding upon you. Without prejudice to the above, in the event that you request a cancellation of your order or return of your product prior to delivery, HP and / or Service Provider will consider your request but will have the absolute discretion to decide whether to allow the same. HP and / or Service Provider's decision will be final and no appeals will be entertained. In the event that HP and / or Service Provider decides to allow your cancellation of the order or return of your product, HP and / or Service Provider has the right to charge you a cancellation fee of ten percent (10%) of the value of the order.
Category Case Time-frame from the date of delivery of the product Remarks Replacement Damaged Product Within 14 days upon delivery Replacement Dead on arrival (DOA) Within 30 days upon delivery Please see more details on the DOA (Dead on Arrival) Policy Terms and Conditions below. Replacement Short Shipment / Wrong Shipments by HP Store Within 14 days upon delivery Cancel Product not shipped by HP Store Free cancellation if product is not shipped In case of shipped orders, the resturns policy will apply Cancel Customer no longer need the product Refund with 10% of sales value cancellation charge for cancellation requests sent within 14 days upon delivery for unopened* products only Opened products cannot be returned Returns Wrong shipment by HP store Within 14 days upon delivery Returns Incorrect order placed by customer 10% of sales value is chargeable Opened products cannot be returned Returns Customer needs an alternate product Within 14 days upon delivery for unopened* products Difference in amount of product will either be refunded to you or will be collected from you before shipping the alternate product
"*Unopened items to be returned or replaced must be in the original and undamaged packing with all inbox literature, warranty/ guarantee card, freebies and accessories including mice, keyboards, etc."
In the event that the unit is not operable at power up or fails due to factory configured hardware, software or firmware problem, the product is considered DOA. HP's standard DOA policy will prevail.
- Title to hardware products passes to you upon the later of full payment and delivery of the products. Risk of loss and damage pass to you upon delivery.
- Promotional offers and prices are for a limited time only, subject to the promotion terms & conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions stated herein may be varied, altered or superseded (as the case may) in the event of any promotion or special deals, at HP’s absolute discretion.
- Availability of the products is limited, and products may not be available for immediate delivery. HP and / or Service Provider reserves the right, without liability or prior notice, to revise or cease to make available any or all products. If there is any revision or cessation, HP will contact you and will discuss what (if any) alternative products are available. You will have the option to cancel or amend your order. If you have already made payment and your order is cancelled, HP and / or Service Provider will issue an appropriate refund or credit to your account, as may be applicable. If your order is amended and the purchase price changes, you will pay any additional amount due to HP and / or Service Provider in accordance with the payment terms herein stated or HP and / or Service Provider will issue an appropriate refund or credit to your account, as the case may require.
- Products and services acquired by you under these Terms are solely for your personal use and not for immediate resale or sub-licensing.
- You should make periodic backup copies of the data, files and programs stored on your products, including hard drives and storage devices, as a precaution against possible failures, alteration, or loss of the data.
- Before returning any product for service, be sure to back up data and remove any confidential, proprietary or personal information. Data may be lost during service.
- You should maintain a separate backup system or procedure that is not dependent on the products so you can reconstruct lost or altered files, data, and programs.
- All HP branded products are covered by the applicable HP limited warranty, according to the terms and limitations specified in the warranty statement bundled with such products. You may have other statutory rights.
- Products may have been manufactured using some refurbished components or may have been used internally for reliability or performance testing.
- Replacement products or parts may be new or reconditioned or refurbished or comparable versions of the defective item.
- HP and Service Provider does not warrant that the operation of products will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Except to the extent prohibited by law, HP and / or Service Provider is not responsible for damage that occurs as a result of your failure to follow the instructions intended for the product.
- Should the product fail to function in the manner set out in the limited warranty statement referred to in Hewlett- Packard's Terms and Conditions, the product may be returned within 14 days of delivery or such other period as may be stated in the limited warranty statement. For the avoidance of doubt, product returns are strictly in respect of HP or Compaq branded products only.
- If you purchase an HP Care Pack, HP will send you the applicable HP Care Pack service description, support access details and relevant web address. HP will provide those maintenance and support services you ordered in accordance with the applicable service description and subject to HP's standard Care Pack terms and conditions. For more information on HP Care Pack’s term & conditions, please go to here
- HP software products are subject to HP’s standard license terms posted in the HP Store. Non-HP software products and, exceptionally, some HP software products may be subject to different license terms, as provided with such products.
- These terms and conditions set out the full extent of HP and / or Service Provider's obligations and liabilities in respect of the supply of the HP branded products and there are no warranties, conditions or other terms that are binding on HP and / or Service Provider except as expressly stated in the Terms. Any warranty, condition or other term concerning the HP branded products which might otherwise be implied into or incorporated in the Terms by statute, common law or otherwise (including without limitation any implied term as to quality or fitness for purpose) is hereby expressly excluded.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, HP and / or Service Provider will not be liable for loss of data as it expects you to make appropriate arrangements to back up your data.
- HP and / or Service Provider does not exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury (including to the extent caused by its negligence) or for any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- HP and / or Service Provider will not be liable under the Terms for any loss of income, loss of profits, loss of contracts, loss of data or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
- HP and / or Service Provider's maximum aggregate liability under the Terms whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the amount payable by you to us in respect of the HP branded products in question.
- You agree that any personally identifiable information you provide to us in connection with the HP Store may be dealt with by HP and / or Service Provider in accordance with the terms specified in the HP Privacy Statement available at the bottom of the HP Store web pages.
- You also agree that HP and / or Service Provider may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be checked against a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
- Products obtained under these Terms may be subject to Malaysia and other government export control laws and regulations. You must comply with those regulations whenever it exports or re-exports controlled products or technical data obtained from HP or any product produced directly from the controlled technical data.
HP will communicate with you about your order and the purchased Product through any of the mode using email, SMS and telephone. You are requested to provide valid email address and telephone and/ or mobile number to while registering. Please note that customers registered with DO Not Call list of the Telecom regulatory Authority of India will not be contacted by HP. HP may contact you telephonically or through emails to introduce new HP offerings and in case of you do not want HP to contact you, you are requested to actively opt out by selecting the appropriate option while registering yourselves on the website.
When you visit the Site or send e-mails to HP, you are communicating with HP electronically. We may respond to you by e-mail or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all such notices, disclosures, and other communications that HP provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- You may have additional rights under your local statutory or consumer laws, which provide you with other remedies. To the extent that these Terms, HP's limited warranty, standard license or Support Pack terms are inconsistent with the statutory laws of Malaysia, they are deemed modified to be consistent with such local law.
- Products are manufactured for standard commercial uses and are not intended to be sold or licensed for use in critical safety systems, in hospitals in situations where uninterrupted performance is desirable or in nuclear facilities.
- Service Provider is not responsible for delay or failure to perform under these Terms due to causes beyond its reasonable control
- Each party will treat and hold confidential information provided by the other party which is marked as confidential or proprietary.
- Service Provider may subcontract the performance of services to qualified service suppliers.
- All documents referred to in these Terms are incorporated into these Terms and are available from HP upon request.
- Any customer site access requirements will not be enforceable to either increase the obligations or liabilities or reduce the rights under these Terms of HP, its officers, employees, or subcontractors.
- Any term or condition of your order which is any way inconsistent with or in addition to these Terms will not be applicable or binding on HP and / or Service Provider unless otherwise agreed in a written agreement signed by you and HP and / or Service Provider and HP HP and / or Service Provider failure to object will not be considered a waiver of these Terms.
- Any contract or dispute arising in connection with these Terms will be governed by the laws in force in Malaysia.
HP and Service Provider shall not be liable for any failure and/or delay on their part in performing any of its obligation under this Agreement and/or for any loss, damage, costs, charges and expenses incurred and/or suffered by the User by reason thereof if such failure and/or delay shall be result of or arising out of Force Majeure Event set out herein. Explanation: "Force Majeure Event" means any event due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of HP and/or Service Provider, including, without limitation, unavailability of any communication system, sabotage, fire, flood, earthquake ,explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes, lockout, and/or industrial action of any kind, breakdown of transportation facilities, riots, insurrection, hostilities whether war be declared or not, acts of government, governmental orders or restrictions breakdown and/or hacking of the Website and/or contents provided for availing the Products and/or services under the Website, such that it is impossible to perform the obligations under the Agreement, or any other cause or circumstances beyond the control of HP and/or Service Provider hereto which prevents timely fulfillment of obligation of HP and/or Service Provider.
Upon HP or Service Provider deciding to allow your cancellation of the order or return of your product and subsequent to the complete compliance of the same, where the payment was made by the below methods, we will refund the money in Ringgit Malaysia to the same account used to carry out the transaction. HP or the Service Provider will refund the amount within 15 business days following cancellation. No other payment method or appeal for change will be entertained.
- Online payment methods:
- Debit/Credit Card (Visa/Master)
- Online Banking
- Boost e - Wallet
- 0% Credit Card Installment : Maybank & Public Bank
- Offline payment methods:
- Cheque / Cash Deposit
- Credit Term