- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
Check availability at
HP Z2 Mini G4 Workstation
Get high-end performance packed into an insanely small and versatile device. Take on 3D design projects and work in multiple pro apps with ease. And with the flexibility to be placed almost anywhere, it's the obvious choice for the modern workplace.
Ramp up your performance
Speed up 3D responsiveness and cut render times with high-performance Intel® processors and graphics. Don't worry about overheating this tiny machine—our industry-leading thermal design keeps everything running cool, quiet and efficient.
The perfect fit, anywhere.
Create the ideal setup with this flexible device—from the office to the shop floor to the data center. Mount under a desk, behind a display or in a rack. Then connect to multiple displays and other external hardware with plenty of I/O ports.
Safeguard your data. Protect your privacy.
Advanced security features come standard on every Z2 Mini. System safeguards like HP Client Security Suite Gen3 and HP Sure Start Gen4 - the industry’s first self-healing BIOS - mean your device is locked down tight, so your data and identity are too.
- Intel® Xeon® E-2124G vPro™ Processor (3.4 GHz base frequency, up to 4.5 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- NVIDIA® Quadro® P1000 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- Starting at 2.04 kg
- 3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
|Operating system||Windows 10 Pro 64|
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® E-2124G vPro™ (3.4 GHz base frequency, up to 4.5 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)|
|Number of processors||1|
|Memory||16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)|
|Memory slots||2 SODIMM|
|Hard drive description||1 TB 7200 rpm SATA|
|Optical drive||Ultra-slim external DVD-Writer|
|Internal drive bays||One 2.5"; M.2 NVME 2280 SSD|
|Display and graphics|
|Graphics||NVIDIA® Quadro® P1000 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)|
|I/O Port location||Side|
|Ports||1 headphone/microphone combo; 2 USB 3.0 (1 charging); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ (charging)|
|I/O Port location||Back|
|Ports||1 RJ-45; 2 DisplayPort™ 1.2; 2 USB 3.0|
|I/O Port location||Optional|
|External I/O ports footnote|| Optional or add-on feature|
|Expansion slots||1 M.2 PCIe 3 x1|
|Audio||Conexant CX20632-31Z, 1.5W internal mono speaker|
|Keyboard||HP Wireless Business Slim Keyboard and Mouse Combo|
|Network interface type||LAN|
|Network interface||Integrated Intel® I219-LM PCIe® GbE|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power||230 W external power adapter, up to 88% efficiency, active PFC|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||21.6 x 21.6 x 5.8 cm|
|Weight||Starting at 2.04 kg|
|Security management||HP Keyed Cable Lock Kit; HP Client Security Suite Gen 4; HP Sure Start Gen 4; HP Sure Run; HP Sure Click; HP BIOSphere Gen4|
|Software||HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS)|
|Software footnote|| HP Client Security requires Windows and Intel® or AMD 7th or 8th generation processors.
 HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires internet access.
 HP Manageability Integration Kit can be downloaded from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/overview.html
 HP Sure Recover is available on HP Workstations with 8th generation Intel® or AMD processors and requires an open, wired network connection. Not available on platforms with multiple internal storage drives, Intel® Optane™. You must back up important files, data, photos, videos, etc. before using HP Sure Recover to avoid loss of data.
|Warranty and Services|
|Warranty||3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.|
|Services (Care Pack)||Receive 5 years of next business day onsite repair from an HP-qualified technician for your computing device, if the issue cannot be solved remotely. For more information on Care Pack services, please visit www.hp.com/go/cpc.|
-  Mounting hardware sold separately.
-  Requires Windows and Intel® or AMD 7th or 8th generation processors.
-  HP Sure Start Gen4 is available on HP Elite and HP Workstation products equipped with 8th generation Intel® or AMD processors.
-  Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.windows.com
-  Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  In accordance with Microsoft’s support policy, HP does not support the Windows® 8 or Windows 7 operating system on products configured with Intel and AMD 7th generation and forward processors or provide any Windows®8 or Windows 7 drivers on http://www.support.hp.com
-  Intel® Optane™ memory (cache) is sold separately. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system and requires configuration with an Intel® Core™ i+ processor.
-  vPro. Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Compatibility future "virtual appliances" is yet to be determined.
-  Intel Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
-  For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 36GB of system disk (for Windows 10) is reserved for system recovery software.
-  Optional or add-on feature
-  HD content required to view HD images.
-  Intel® HD graphics 630 is configurable as a standalone graphics option; Intel® HD graphics P630 only used when NVIDIA® Optimus™ Technology is enabled.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required and sold separately. Availability of public wireless access points limited. The specifications for the 802.11ac WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the system to communicate with other 802.11ac WLAN devices.
-  3 DisplayPort 1.2 in Performance model.
-  HP Client Security requires Windows and Intel® or AMD 7th or 8th generation processors.
-  HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires internet access.
-  Based on US EPEAT® registration according to IEEE 1680.1-2018 EPEAT®. Status varies by country. Visit www.epeat.net for more information.
-  Non-ECC memory is supported on all processors. ECC is only enabled on Xeon, Pentium and i3 core processors.
-  External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
-  Some devices for academic use will automatically be updated to Windows 10 Pro Education with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Features vary; see https://aka.ms/ProEducation for Windows 10 Pro Education feature information.
-  1 Flexible I/O port with options: DP 1.2, HDMI, VGA, USB 3.1 Type C with Alt-DP mode, Thunderbolt 3.0, RJ-45 Ethernet (2nd LAN) or None
-  200W Power Supply and 230 W external power adapter in Performance Model only.
-  HP BIOSphere Gen4 features may vary depending on the PC platform and configurations requires 8th Gen Intel® processors.
-  HP Manageability Integration Kit can be downloaded from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/overview.html
-  HP Client Security Suite Gen 4 requires Windows and Intel® or AMD 8th generation processors.
-  HP Sure Click is available on select HP platforms and supports Microsoft® Internet Explorer and Chromium™. Check http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA7-0922ENW for all compatible platforms as they become available.
-  HP Sure Start Gen4 is available on HP Workstation products equipped with Intel® 8th generation processors.
-  HP Sure Run is available on HP Workstation products equipped with 8th generation Intel® or AMD® processors.
-  HP Sure Recover is available on HP Workstations with 8th generation Intel® or AMD processors and requires an open, wired network connection. Not available on platforms with multiple internal storage drives, Intel® Optane™. You must back up important files, data, photos, videos, etc. before using HP Sure Recover to avoid loss of data.
-  External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen.
-  Configurations with the Xeon E-2124G, E-2126G, E-2136, E-2144G, 2174G and E-2176G offered on the Mini Performance model only.
-  HP Z2 Mini G4 Workstation can only support one storage device: either one SATA or one NVMe, not both.
-  1 extra DisplayPort™, 1 USB Type-C™ on performance model.
-  Intel® Optane™ memory is sold separately. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system. Available for HP commercial desktops and notebooks and for select HP workstations (HP Z240 Tower/SFF, Z2 Mini, ZBook Studio, 15 and 17 G5) and requires a SATA HDD, 7th Gen or higher Intel® Core™ processor or Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 V6 product family or higher, BIOS version with Intel® Optane™ supported, Windows 10 version 1703 or higher, M.2 type 2280-S1-B-M connector on a PCH Remapped PCIe Controller and Lanes in a x2 or x4 configuration with B-M keys that meet NVMe™ Spec 1.1, and an Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 15.5 driver.