- Intel Core i7
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD
- 16 GB
- NVIDIA Quadro
Check availability at
HP Z VR Backpack G1 Workstation
The full potential of VR is brought to life with the most powerful wearable VR PC ever created. Experience what fully immersive and untethered VR can bring to your work.
Untether from reality
The light, comfortable backpack design and hot swappable batteries provide unrestricted freedom within your immersive experience. Work, demonstrate, or train people with VR without getting tangled up in cords.
Extreme power takes rich content head on
Experience high-end performance VR even under the most strenuous demands of complex simulations. Best-in-class processing power and the latest high-fidelity graphic card help prevent disruptive dropped frames so you can work in VR for as long as you need.
Design and test at the speed of innovation
Take full advantage of VR’s potential using streamlined production tools. The dock lets you quickly transition back and forth between high powered desktop for content design and wearable VR PC to validate your creations.
- Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ Processor with Intel® HD Graphics 630 (2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
- 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD
- NVIDIA® Quadro® P5200 (16 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- 4.65 kg
- Protected by HP Services, including a standard limited 1 year parts, 1 year labor, and 1 year onsite service (1-1-1) warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
|Operating system||Windows 10 Pro 64|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ with Intel® HD Graphics 630 (2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)|
|Processor family||7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor|
|Form factor||Backpack when worn, compact PC when docked.|
|Memory||16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)|
|Memory slots||2 SODIMM|
|Hard drive description||512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ SSD|
|Display and graphics|
|Graphics||NVIDIA® Quadro® P5200 (16 GB GDDR5 dedicated)|
|Graphic card footnote 2|| No CPU Integrated Graphics available. Only Discrete Graphics enabled.
 Miracast is a wireless technology your PC can use to project your screen to TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use Miracast to share what you’re doing on your PC and present a slide show. For more information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast.
|I/O Port location||Top|
|Ports||1 HDMI 2.0; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 2 USB 3.0; 1 Mini DisplayPort™ 1.3; 1 HMD power port; 1 Thunderbolt™ (USB Type-C™ connector)|
|I/O Port location||Bottom|
|Ports||1 docking connector; 2 power ports|
|I/O Port location||Right side|
|Ports||2 USB 3.0|
|Expansion slots||1 M.2 PCIe 3 x1|
|Network interface type||LAN|
|Network interface||Realtek RTL8153B 10/100/1000 Mbit|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power||330 W external power supply, up to 92.6% efficiency, active PFC|
|Energy Efficiency Compliance||ENERGY STAR® certified|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||33.3 x 23.6 x 6.09 cm|
|Software||HP Client Security; HP Performance Advisor; HP Remote Graphics Software|
|Software footnote|| HP Remote Graphics Software requires a Windows, Linux®, or Mac®OS X 10.10 and newer operating system and network access.
 RGS, Velocity, Client Security and Client Management SW are available for download on http://www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement"www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement
|Warranty and Services|
|Warranty||Protected by HP Services, including a standard limited 1 year parts, 1 year labor, and 1 year onsite service (1-1-1) warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.|
|Services (Care Pack)||This HP services offers notebook users on the go prompt, reliable coverage in major geographies of the world, for 3 years. For more information on Care Pack services, please visit www.hp.com/go/cpc.|
-  Based on backpack VR PCs as of July 20, 2017 and power based on processor, graphics and memory.
-  Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.windows.com.
-  Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  Some vPro functionality of this technology, such as Intel® Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
-  In accordance with Microsoft’s support policy, HP does not support the Windows® 8 or Windows 7 operating system on products configured with Intel and AMD 7th generation and forward processors or provide any Windows®8 or Windows 7 drivers on http://www.support.hp.com.
-  For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 36GB (for Windows 10) of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
-  Choice of one installed in native M.2 slot on HP Z VR Workstation motherboard.
-  No CPU Integrated Graphics available. Only Discrete Graphics enabled.
-  Ethernet LAN is accessible only when the system is docked.
-  Wireless cards are optional or add-on features and requires separately purchased wireless access point and internet service. Availability of public wireless access points limited. The specifications for the 802.11ac WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the notebook to communicate with other 802.11ac WLAN devices.
-  EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country. Search keyword generator on HP’s 3rd party option store for solar generator accessories at HYPERLINK "http://www.hp.com/go/options" www.hp.com/go/options
-  External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
-  HP Remote Graphics Software requires a Windows, Linux®, or Mac®OS X 10.10 and newer operating system and network access.
-  RGS, Velocity, Client Security and Client Management SW are available for download on http://www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement"www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement
-  Miracast is a wireless technology your PC can use to project your screen to TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use Miracast to share what you’re doing on your PC and present a slide show. For more information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast.
-  Battery is internal and not replaceable by customer. Serviceable by warranty.