- Black and white
- Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab); Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified interface for direct printing from USB flash drive
- 1 Year Limited Warranty (Next Business Day On-Site)
PRODUCT AVAILABILITY NOTICE
Check availability at
HP DesignJet Z9+ 24-in PostScript Printer
Produce professional photo-quality prints with smooth transitions using HP Pixel Control—no need for light inks with new high-definition HP printheads. Achieve expanded gamut with RGB HP Vivid Photo Inks. Upgrade to get superior gloss uniformity.
Impress the most demanding customers with smooth transitions and sharp details thanks to HP Pixel Control.
Print 2.5 times faster without losing quality with 2400 nozzle-per-inch high-definition printheads. Cut post-processing labor time up to 20% with the first printer to include an integrated vertical trimmer. Save time with dual roll support.
Cut post-processing labor time up to 20% with the first printer to include an integrated vertical trimmer.
Simplify your workflow. Easily design applications from posters to banners and canvas with the HP Applications Center. Use your current RIPs. Get remote visibility and control to better manage your print production environment with HP PrintOS.
Easily design applications from posters to banners and canvas with the HP Applications Center.
- A1 Black and White HP DesignJet Large Format Printer, Perfect for Enterprise
- Print only
- Print speed up to 411 ft²/hr
- Ethernet, USB interface for direct printing from USB flash drive
- HP DesignJet Z9+ PostScript Printer
- introductory ink cartridges
- printer stand and media bin
- quick reference guide
- setup poster
- power cord
|Print technology||HP Thermal Inkjet|
|Print languages||Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4, HP-GL/2, HP-RTL|
|Model size||610 mm|
|Guaranteed minimum line width||0.08 mm (ISO/IEC 13660:2001(E))|
|Theoretical minimum line width||0.02 mm (PDF addressable @ 1200 dpi)|
|Color accuracy||Median < 1.6 dE2000, 95% of colors < 2.8 dE2000|
|Color Stability||< 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes|
|Print speed||Fast: 55.7 m²/hr on plain media; Normal: 13.4 m²/hr on coated media; Best: 3.5 m²/hr on glossy media|
|Print speed color image (draft, coated paper)||38.2 m²/hr|
|Print speed color image (normal, coated paper)||13.4 m²/hr|
|Print speed color image (normal, glossy paper)||6.6 m²/hr|
|Print speed color image (best, glossy paper)||3.5 m²/hr|
|Maximum optical density (black)||4 L* min/2.5 D|
|Print quality color (best)||Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi|
|Non-printable area (cut-sheet)||5 x 17 x 5 x 5 mm|
|Non-printable area (roll media)||5 x 5 x 5 x 5 mm (borderless on selected media)|
|Print repeatability||Average < 0.5 dE2000, 95% of colors < 1.4 dE2000|
|Printer drivers included||Raster and PostScript drivers for Windows and macOS; PDF driver for Windows 8 and above|
|Internal Storage||500 GB self-encrypting|
|Memory||128 GB (virtual)|
|Connectivity and Communications|
|Connectivity, standard||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab); Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified interface for direct printing from USB flash drive|
|Mobile printing capability||Direct print from mobile apps on iOS, Android and Chrome OS; email printing with HP ePrint and HP Smart app for iOS and Android.|
|Power Consumption||< 100 W (printing); < 32 W (ready); < 0.3 W (< 6.5 W with embedded Digital Front End) (sleep); 0.1 W (off)|
|Power||Input voltage (auto ranging): 100-240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz), 2 A max|
|Cartridges and Printheads|
|Number of print cartridges||9 (cyan, magenta, yellow, matte black, photo black, chromatic red, chromatic green, chromatic blue, gray), optional gloss enhancer|
|Print cartridge volume delivered||HP 746 Ink Cartridge: cyan, magenta, chromatic red, yellow, matte black, photo black (300 ml); HP 747 Ink Cartridge: chromatic green, chromatic blue, gray (300 ml)|
|Print heads||5 universal printheads (valid for all colors)|
|Print head nozzles||2112 per color|
|Ink drop||7/3 pl dual-drop weight (M, C, PK, CB, G); 6 pl single-drop weight (Y, CR, MK, CG)|
|Supported Printing Media|
|Finished output handling||Roll feed, top sheet feed, rear sheet feed for rigid media, media output bin, automatic horizontal cutter|
|Media types||Photographic, fine art printing material, self-adhesive, banner and sign, bond and coated, backlit|
|Media sizes supported||A4, A3, A2, A1|
|Media sizes, custom||210 x 279 to 610 x 1676 mm|
|Media sizes standard (metric rolls)||210 to 610-mm wide sheets; 279 to 610-mm rolls|
|Media width, maximum||610 mm|
|Media weight, recommended||80 to 500 g/m²|
|Media thickness||Up to 31.5 mil|
|Roll external diameter||135 mm|
|Roll maximum input||1|
|Roll maximum weight||7.5 kg|
|Recommended media|| BMG trademark license code FSC®-C115319, see http://www.fsc.org. HP trademark license code FSC®-C017543, see http://www.fsc.org. Not all FSC®-certified products are available in all regions.|
|Supported Primary Applications||Digital fine art; Exhibition and event graphics; Graphics design; Photos; Point of sale/display; Posters|
|Operating temperature range||5 to 40ºC|
|Storage temperature range||-25 to 55ºC|
|Operating humidity range||20 to 80% RH|
|Acoustic power emissions||6.0 B(A)|
|Acoustic power emissions (standby)||5.1 B(A)|
|Acoustic power emissions (sleep)||<3.4 B(A)|
|Acoustic pressure emissions||42 dB(A)|
|Acoustic pressure emissions (standby)||33 dB(A)|
|Acoustic pressure emissions (sleep)||<16 dB(A)|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||1293 x 695 x 998 mm|
|Package dimensions (W x D x H)||1440 x 766 x 718 mm|
|Package weight||102 kg|
|What's in the box||HP DesignJet Z9+ PostScript Printer; printheads; introductory ink cartridges; printer stand and media bin; spindle; quick reference guide; setup poster; power cord|
|Software included||Printer drivers, HP Click, HP Web Jetadmin, HP JetAdvantage Security Manager, HP DesignJet Utility including HP Color Center, HP Partner Link Pay-per-use, HP MPS|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited Warranty (Next Business Day On-Site)|
|Certification and Compliance|
|ENERGY STAR® certified||Yes|
|Electromagnetic Emission Standard||Compliant with Class B requirements, including: USA (FCC rules), Canada (ICES), EU (EMC Directive), Australia (ACMA), New Zealand (RSM), China (CCC), Japan (VCCI), Korea (KCC), South Africa (SABS)|
|Environmental Certifications||ENERGY STAR; ErP; WEEE; RoHS (EU, China, Korea, India); REACH; EPEAT Silver|
|Safety Approvals and Requirements||USA and Canada (CSA certified); EU (LVD and EN 60950-1 compliant); Russia, Belarus, Khazakstan (EAC); Singapore (PSB); China (CCC); Argentina (IRAM); India (BIS)|
|Web address for additional information||http://www.hp.com/go/designjetZ9|
|Accessories||CN538A HP DesignJet 3-in Core Adapter;G6H51B HP HD Pro 42-in Scanner;G6H50B HP SD Pro 44-in Scanner;N7P47AA HP USB 3.0 to Gigabit LAN Adapter;CQ783A HP DesignJet 24-in Spindle;2QX55A HP Gloss Enhancer Upgrade Kit|
|Services (Care Pack)||U9ZC1E HP 3 year Next Business Day plus Defective Media Retention Support;U9ZC3E HP 5 year Next Business Day plus Defective Media Retention Support;U9ZC4PE HP 1 year Post Warranty, Next Business Day plus Defective Media Retention Support;H4518E HP Network Installation Service with Network Setup|
-  Based on internal HP testing. Up to 2.5 times faster printing compared to the HP DesignJet Z3200 Photo Printer series. May vary depending on print mode and media type.
-  Vertical trimmer and dual rolls included with the HP DesignJet Z9+dr 44-in PostScript® Printer with V-Trimmer only. Up to 20% reduction in post-processing labor time based on internal HP testing compared to HP DesignJet Z9+dr series printers without built-in vertical trimmer.
-  Requires an HP Applications Center account, Internet connection, and connected Internet-capable device. For more information, see http://www.hpapplicationscenter.com.
-  Based on internal HP testing, comparing to HP DesignJet Z9+ series printers without gloss enhancer. HP Gloss Enhancer can be used on photo paper, with the exception of matte-finish papers. Optional upgrade available second half 2018.
-  For a list of HP certified RIPs, visit: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/large-format-printers/designjet-printers/zseries-rips.html.
-  Maximum rate of output for color image 100% color coverage. Printed on maximum roll size, with Original HP Vivid Photo Inks.
-  Mechanical printing time with Original HP Vivid Photo Inks.
-  Borderless printing available on photo, polypropylene, and backlit roll media.
-  ±0.1% of the specified vector length or ±0.2 mm (whichever greater) at 23ºC (73ºF), 50-60% relative humidity, on A0/E HP Matte Film in Best or Normal mode with HP Vivid Photo Inks.
-  Measured on HP Matte Film.
-  ICC absolute colorimetric accuracy on HP Premium Instant-dry Satin Photo Paper with HP Vivid Photo Inks.
-  With HP Premium Instant-dry Satin Photo Paper with HP Vivid Photo Inks.
-  Based on 4 GB RAM.
-  BMG trademark license code FSC®-C115319, see http://www.fsc.org. HP trademark license code FSC®-C017543, see http://www.fsc.org. Not all FSC®-certified products are available in all regions.
-  Recyclable HP papers can be recycled through commonly available recycling programs, or according to region-specific practices, or can be returned through the HP Large Format Media take-back program. Recycling programs may not exist in your area. See http://www.HPLFMedia.com/hp/ecosolutions for details.