PRODUCT AVAILABILITY NOTICE
Check availability at
HP DesignJet Z6 24-in PostScript Printer
Produce prints with clear details and high-contrast color with high-definition HP printheads—no need for light inks with dual drop technology. Get smooth gradients with HP Pixel Control. HP Vivid Photo Inks provide water-/fade-resistant prints.
Read details more clearly and see high-contrast color with new high-definition HP printheads.
Handle complex files with powerful processing architecture and the Adobe PDF Print Engine. Print up to 20% faster with 2400 nozzle-per-inch HP printheads. Cut maps to different sizes in fewer steps with an integrated vertical trimmer.
Handle even the most complex files with powerful processing architecture and the Adobe PDF Print Engine.
Built-in security features—like HP Secure Boot, whitelisting, authentication solutions, and HP JetAdvantage Security manager—help safeguard your printers and your data and preserve confidentiality.
Protect printers/data from unauthorized access with HP Secure Boot, whitelisting, and encrypted hard disk.
- A1 Black and White HP DesignJet Large Format Printer, Perfect for Enterprise
- Print only
- Print speed up to 450 ft²/hr
- Ethernet, USB interface for direct printing from USB flash drive
- HP DesignJet Z6 PostScript Printer, printheads, introductory ink cartridges, printer stand and media bin, spindle, quick reference guide, setup poster, power cord
|Print technology||HP Thermal Inkjet|
|Print languages||Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF 1.7, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4, HP-GL/2, HP-RTL|
|Model size||610 mm|
|Guaranteed minimum line width||0.08 mm (ISO/IEC 13660:2001(E))|
|Theoretical minimum line width||0.02 mm (PDF addressable @ 1200 dpi)|
|Color Stability||< 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes|
|Print speed||Fast: 66.9 m²/hr on plain media; Normal: 15.2 m²/hr on coated media; Best: 7.9 m²/hr on glossy media|
|Print speed color image (draft, coated paper)||41.8 m²/hr|
|Print speed color image (normal, coated paper)||15.2 m²/hr|
|Print speed color image (normal, glossy paper)||10.6 m²/hr|
|Print speed color image (best, glossy paper)||7.9 m²/hr|
|Maximum optical density (black)||4 L* min/2.5 D|
|Print quality color (best)||Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi|
|Non-printable area (cut-sheet)||5 x 17 x 5 x 5 mm|
|Non-printable area (roll media)||5 x 5 x 5 x 5 mm (borderless on selected media)|
|Print repeatability||Average < 0.5 dE2000, 95% of colors < 1.4 dE2000|
|Printer drivers included||Raster and PostScript drivers for Windows and macOS; PDF driver for Windows 8 and above|
|Internal Storage||500 GB self-encrypting|
|Memory||128 GB (virtual)|
|Connectivity and Communications|
|Connectivity, standard||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet (802.3, 802.3u, 802.3ab); Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified interface for direct printing from USB flash drive|
|Mobile printing capability||Direct print from mobile apps on iOS, Android and Chrome OS; email printing with HP ePrint and HP Smart app for iOS and Android.|
|Power Consumption||< 100 W (printing); < 32 W (ready); < 0.3 W (< 6.5 W with embedded Digital Front End) (sleep); 0.1 W (off)|
|Power||Input voltage (auto ranging): 100-240 V (±10%), 50/60 Hz (±3 Hz), 2 A max|
|Cartridges and Printheads|
|Number of print cartridges||6 (cyan, magenta, yellow, matte black, photo black, chromatic red)|
|Print cartridge volume delivered||HP 746 Ink Cartridge: cyan, magenta, chromatic red, yellow, matte black, photo black (300 ml)|
|Print heads||3 universal printheads (valid for all colors)|
|Print head nozzles||2112 per color|
|Ink drop||7/3 pl dual-drop weight (M, C, PK); 6 pl single-drop weight (Y, CR, MK)|
|Supported Printing Media|
|Finished output handling||Roll feed, top sheet feed, media output bin, automatic horizontal cutter|
|Media types||Photographic, fine art printing material, self-adhesive, banner and sign, bond and coated, backlit|
|Media sizes supported||A4, A3, A2, A1|
|Media sizes, custom||210 x 279 to 610 x 1676 mm|
|Media sizes standard (metric rolls)||279 to 610-mm|
|Media width, maximum||610 mm|
|Media weight, recommended||80 to 500 g/m²|
|Media thickness||Up to 31.5 mil|
|Roll external diameter||135 mm|
|Roll maximum input||1|
|Roll maximum weight||7.5 kg|
|Recommended media|| BMG trademark license code FSC®-C115319, see http://www.fsc.org. HP trademark license code FSC®-C017543, see http://www.fsc.org. Not all FSC®-certified products are available in all regions.|
|Supported Primary Applications||Banners; Exhibition and event graphics; Light boxes - film; Maps; Orthophotos; Point of sale/display; Posters|
|Operating temperature range||5 to 40ºC|
|Storage temperature range||-25 to 55ºC|
|Operating humidity range||20 to 80% RH|
|Acoustic power emissions||6.0 B(A)|
|Acoustic power emissions (standby)||5.1 B(A)|
|Acoustic power emissions (sleep)||<3.4 B(A)|
|Acoustic pressure emissions||42 dB(A)|
|Acoustic pressure emissions (standby)||33 dB(A)|
|Acoustic pressure emissions (sleep)||<16 dB(A)|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||1293 x 695 x 998 mm|
|Package dimensions (W x D x H)||1440 x 766 x 718 mm|
|Package weight||97 kg|
|What's in the box||HP DesignJet Z6 PostScript Printer, printheads, introductory ink cartridges, printer stand and media bin, spindle, quick reference guide, setup poster, power cord|
|Software included||Printer drivers, HP Click, HP Web Jetadmin, HP JetAdvantage Security Manager, HP DesignJet Utility including HP Color Center, HP Partner Link Pay-per-use, HP MPS|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited Warranty (Next Business Day On-Site)|
|Certification and Compliance|
|ENERGY STAR® certified||Yes|
|Electromagnetic Emission Standard||Compliant with Class B requirements, including: USA (FCC rules), Canada (ICES), EU (EMC Directive), Australia (ACMA), New Zealand (RSM), China (CCC), Japan (VCCI), Korea (KCC), South Africa (SABS)|
|Environmental Certifications||ENERGY STAR; ErP; WEEE; RoHS (EU, China, Korea, India); REACH; EPEAT Silver|
|Safety Approvals and Requirements||USA and Canada (CSA certified); EU (LVD and EN 60950-1 compliant); Russia, Belarus, Khazakstan (EAC); Singapore (PSB); China (CCC); Argentina (IRAM); India (BIS)|
|Web address for additional information||http://www.hp.com/go/designjetZ6|
|Accessories||CN538A HP DesignJet 3-in Core Adapter;G6H51B HP HD Pro 42-in Scanner;G6H50B HP SD Pro 44-in Scanner;N7P47AA HP USB 3.0 to Gigabit LAN Adapter;CQ783A HP DesignJet 24-in Spindle|
|Services (Care Pack)||U9WQ0E HP 3 year Next Business Day plus Defective Media Retention Support;U9YX8E HP 5 year Next Business Day plus Defective Media Retention Support;U9YX9PE HP 1 year Post Warranty, Next Business Day plus Defective Media Retention Support;H4518E HP Network Installation Service with Network Setup|
-  Vertical trimmer and dual rolls included with the HP DesignJet Z6dr 44-in PostScript® Printer with V-Trimmer only.
-  Performance may vary based on writing system differences. Print permanence estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab based on the same formulation of HP Vivid Photo Inks used with the HP DesignJet Z6200 Photo Production Printer, using 6 inks. Water resistance performance varies based on printer and print profile. Water resistance testing by HP Image Permanence Lab on a range of HP media and follows ISO 18935 method. Display permanence rating for interior displays/away from direct sunlight by HP Image Permanence Lab on a range of HP media. For more information, see http://www.HPLFMedia.com/printpermanence.
-  The Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE) is Adobe’s high speed, high fidelity print platform. Version 4 extends APPE’s leading edge for print reproduction with new performance efficiencies and breakthrough rendering features. APPE 4 enables printers to increase workflow efficiency and capitalize on the profit potential of innovations in inkjet print technology. To learn more, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/pdfprintengine.
-  Based on internal HP testing. Up to 20% faster printing compared to the HP DesignJet Z2600 PostScript® Printer and HP DesignJet Z5600 PostScript® Printer. May vary depending on print mode and media type.
-  Maximum rate of output for color image 100% color coverage. Printed on maximum roll size, with Original HP Vivid Photo Inks.
-  Mechanical printing time with Original HP Vivid Photo Inks.
-  Borderless printing available on photo, polypropylene, and backlit roll media.
-  ±0.1% of the specified vector length or ±0.2 mm (whichever greater) at 23ºC (73ºF), 50-60% relative humidity, on A0/E HP Matte Film in Best or Normal mode with HP Vivid Photo Inks.
-  Measured on HP Matte Film.
-  Based on 4 GB RAM.
-  BMG trademark license code FSC®-C115319, see http://www.fsc.org. HP trademark license code FSC®-C017543, see http://www.fsc.org. Not all FSC®-certified products are available in all regions.
-  Recyclable HP papers can be recycled through commonly available recycling programs, or according to region-specific practices, or can be returned through the HP Large Format Media take-back program. Recycling programs may not exist in your area. See http://www.HPLFMedia.com/hp/ecosolutions for details.