- Intel Xeon Eight Core
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- 32 GB
- NVIDIA Quadro
Check availability at
HP Z8 G4 Workstation
Top-of-the-line power to fuel those who reimagine our world. When you need a workstation with the capability to run complex simulations, handle advanced Machine Learning algorithms and process huge amounts of data, the HP Z8 doesn't disappoint.
Run 3D simulations and edit 8K video in real time with up to 56 processing cores and up to 3 TB high-speed memory. Certified for serious software, such as ANSYS or After Effects, you can ideate and iterate more to deliver better work in less time.
Industry-leading design and acoustics
From the inside out, the Z8 is an engineering wonder. The modern exterior provides tool-free access to a clean, modular interior. Strategically placed vents and ducts throughout the system streamline airflow for ultra-quiet performance.
HP's most secure workstations
Advanced security features come standard on every Z8. Rest assured your device, identity and data are safe with security software like HP Client Security Suite Gen3 and HP Sure Start Gen3, the industry's first self-healing BIOS with intrusion detection.
- Intel® Xeon® Bronze 3106 Processor (1.7 GHz, 11 MB cache, 8 cores)
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 32 GB DDR4-2666 ECC SDRAM (4 x 8 GB)
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- 256 GB HP Z Turbo Drive PCIe® SSD
- NVIDIA® Quadro® P1000 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- Starting at 22.4 kg
- 3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
|Operating system||Windows 10 Pro 64|
|Processor Name||Intel® Xeon® Bronze 3106 (1.7 GHz, 11 MB cache, 8 cores)|
|Processor family||Intel® Xeon® Bronze processor|
|Number of processors||2|
|Memory||32 GB DDR4-2666 ECC SDRAM (4 x 8 GB)|
|Memory slots||24 DIMM with 2 processors|
|Hard drive description||1 TB 7200 rpm SATA|
|Hard drive (2nd)||256 GB HP Z Turbo Drive PCIe® SSD|
|Storage type||HDD; SSD|
|Optical drive||HP Slim DVD-Writer|
|External drive bays||Two 13.33 cm (5.25)|
|Internal drive bays||Four 6.35 cm(2.5) or 8.89 cm(3.5)|
|Display and graphics|
|Graphics||NVIDIA® Quadro® P1000 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)|
|Graphic card footnote 2|||
|I/O Port location||Front|
|Ports||1 headset connector; 4 USB 3.1 (1 charging)|
|I/O Port location||Rear|
|Ports||6 USB 3.1 Gen 1; 2 RJ-45 (1 GbE); 1 audio-in; 1 audio-out; 1 PS/2 mouse port; 1 PS/2 keyboard port; 1 serial|
|Expansion slots||2 PCIe x4; 3 PCIe x8; 4 PCIe x16|
|Audio||Realtek HD ALC221|
|Pointing device||HP USB Optical Mouse|
|Keyboard||HP USB Business Slim Keyboard|
|Network interface type||LAN|
|Network interface||Integrated Intel® I219-LM PCIe® GbE|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power||1700 W internal power supply, up to 90% efficiency, active PFC; 1450 W internal power supply, up to 90% efficiency, active PFC; 1125 W internal power supply, up to 90% efficiency, active PFC|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||21.59 x 55.12 x 44.45 cm|
|Weight||Starting at 22.4 kg|
|Security management||HP Sure Start Gen3; Secure authentication; Kensington lock slot; Full volume encryption; HP Keyed Cable Lock Kit; TPM 2.0 certified; HP Secure Erase|
|Software||HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS)|
|Warranty and Services|
|Warranty||3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.|
|Services (Care Pack)||Receive 5 years of next business day onsite repair from an HP-qualified technician for your computing device, if the issue cannot be solved remotely. For more information on Care Pack services, please visit www.hp.com/go/cpc.|
-  HP Client Security Suite Gen3 requires Windows and Intel® or AMD 7th Gen processors.
-  Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.windows.com.
-  Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  Some vPro functionality of this technology, such as Intel® Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
-  For hard drives and solid state drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
-  Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media. No support for DVD RAM.
-  With Blu-Ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
-  For systems installed with Microsoft Windows 7 (Ultimate, Enterprise or Professional), the maximum accessible system memory is 192 GB. For systems installed with Microsoft Windows 8.x (Enterprise or Pro), the maximum accessible system memory is 512 GB.
-  Wireless access point and Internet access required. Availability of publis wireless access points limited. The specifications for the 802.11ac WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the notebook to communicate with other 802.11ac WLAN devices.
-  Optional or add-on feature.
-  Based on US EPEAT® registration according to IEEE 1680.1-2018 EPEAT®. Status varies by country. Visit www.epeat.net for more information.
-  External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
-  HP Remote Graphics Software requires a Windows, Linux®, or Mac®OS X 10.10 and newer operating system and network access.
-  HP Sure Start Gen3 is available on HP EliteBook, HP ZBook, and HP Z Workstation products equipped with Intel® 7th generation processors.
-  HP Secure Erase: For the methods outlined in the National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication 800-88. Supported on Elite platforms with BIOS version F.03 or higher.
-  Each bay is configurable to 2.5” or 3.5”.
-  HP Keyed Cable Lock Kit is available only as an aftermarket option.
-  HP 10GBASE-T Dual NIC Z6/8 G4 is sold separately or as an optional feature.
-  Requires 2 CPUs.
-  Windows 10 Pro is preinstalled. Windows 7 media is only available upon request from HP Customer Support. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
-  NOTE: In accordance with Microsoft’s support policy, HP does not support the Windows 8 or Windows 7 operating system on products configured with Intel and AMD 7th generation and forward processors or provide any Windows 8 or Windows 7 drivers on http://www.support.hp.com.
-  Note: For detailed Linux® OS/hardware support information, see: http://www.hp.com/support/linux_hardware_matrix
-  Intel® I350-T4 dual4-port GbE NIC is sold separately or as an optional feature.