Application - HP Product Detection Tool (HP PDT)
- HP PDT is used only to enable HP Easy Ink program.
- This application accesses/queries your network hosting printer(s) for detection. It identifies your newly bought as well as existing HP eligible printers.
- The printer detection process only occurs when customer (you) initiates the detection by clicking on the ‘Agree & Start’ button.
- A lightweight software (~12MB) will be downloaded, and customer (you) has to install as part of printer detection process, with an option to auto un-install.
- If customer (you) opts in for auto un-installation, un-installation will automatically take place when printer subscription is completed, or customer exits from the detection process.
- If customer (you) don’t opt in for auto un-installation, HP PDT software will remain on your computer for future printer detection. A manual un-installation can also be performed.
- HP PDT installation does not require computer restart. If your computer prompts for a restart, it is due to a previous pending Windows or other application update(s).
- HP PDT has the capability to detect, notify and upgrade any newer version in case you are running an old version on your computer.
- HP PDT offers a web-based experience to enable printer subscription to HP Easy Ink program. It currently supports:
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 or Windows 10
- Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge (HP PDT does not support mobile web experience)
- Must be powered on and in ready state (not “idle” or “offline”) for discovery. Press the Power button if the printer is in sleep mode.
- Must be connected to the network through Wireless or Wired LAN connection (USB connection not supported).
- Data is gathered from printer(s) to identify eligibility for the HP Easy Ink program.
- Data elements captured to determine HP Easy Ink printer eligibility are:
- Printer Model Name
- Printer Part Number
- Printer Serial Number
- HP eligible printers identified during the detection process but not registered/subscribed will not be stored in HP system after customer exits from the detection process.
For more information, please refer to FAQ.