- Intel Xeon Quad Core
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- 8 GB
- Intel HD
Check availability at
HP Z240 Tower Workstation
BUILT FOR BUSINESS
HP Business laptops and desktops are built for security and collaboration. With Military Grade (Mil) Specs and the latest security, it's the Business device your business needs.
Powered to manage your challenges
Powerful processors, graphics, memory, and two optional ultra-fast HP Z Turbo Drives make the HP Z240 Tower a true workstation-class solution. Handle your growing and complex workloads with performance for any stage in your work process.
Small price, big possibilities
The essential features of the HP Z240 Tower easily support your workload with slots and ports to spare. When you’re ready for workstation class features, like professional ISV certifications, the HP Z240 Tower is the right first step.
Priced for your budget
HP’s most affordable workstation allows you to customize your experience while still balancing your IT budget. HP reliability, thorough testing, and ISV certification means your HP Z240 is designed as a long-term budget friendly solution.
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1205 v6 Processor with Intel® HD Graphics P630 (3 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Linux® Ready
- 8 GB DDR4-2400 non-ECC SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- Intel® HD Graphics P630
- Starting at 8.6 kg
- 3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
|Operating system||Linux® Ready|
|Processor||Intel® Xeon® E3-1205 v6 with Intel® HD Graphics P630 (3 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)|
|Processor footnote|| For hard drives and solid state drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
 Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
|Processor family||Intel® Xeon® E3 processor|
|Number of processors||1|
|Memory||8 GB DDR4-2400 non-ECC SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)|
|Memory slots||4 DIMM|
|Hard drive description||1 TB 7200 rpm SATA|
|Optical drive||HP Slim DVD-Writer|
|External drive bays||One slim ODD; Two 5.25"|
|Internal drive bays||One 2.5"; Two 3.5"|
|Display and graphics|
|Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics P630|
|I/O Port location||Front|
|Ports||2 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0 (1 charging); 1 headphone; 1 microphone|
|I/O Port location||Back|
|Ports||1 audio-in; 1 audio-out; 1 DVI-I single link; 1 RJ-45; 2 DisplayPort™ 1.2; 2 PS/2; 2 USB 2.0; 4 USB 3.0|
|I/O Port location||Internal|
|Ports||1 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0|
|Expansion slots||1 M.2 PCIe 3 x4; 1 PCIe 3 x1; 1 PCIe 3 x16; 1 PCIe 3 x4 (x16 connector); 1 PCIe 3 x4 (x4 connector)|
|Audio||Realtek HD ALC221|
|Pointing device||HP USB Optical Mouse|
|Keyboard||HP USB Business Slim Keyboard|
|Network interface type||LAN|
|Network interface||Integrated Intel® I219-LM PCIe® GbE|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power||400 W external power adapter, up to 92% efficiency, active PFC|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||17 x 44.2 x 39.9 cm|
|Weight||Starting at 8.6 kg|
|Software||HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS)|
|Software footnote|| HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires Windows and an internet connection.|
|Warranty and Services|
|Warranty||3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.|
|Services (Care Pack)||Receive 5 years of next business day onsite repair from an HP-qualified technician for your computing device, if the issue cannot be solved remotely. For more information on Care Pack services, please visit www.hp.com/go/cpc.|
-  Sold separately or as alternate features.
-  Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com
-  Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com.
-  This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 10 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
-  Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  Intel Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
-  For hard drives and solid state drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
-  Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
-  With Blu-Ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
-  HD content required to view HD images.
-  Wireless cards are optional or add-on features and requires separately purchased wireless access point and internet service. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
-  Optional or add-on feature.
-  EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country. Search keyword generator on HP's 3rd party option store for solar energy accessory at www.hp.com/go/options.
-  External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
-  HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires Windows and an internet connection.