- Intel Xeon Quad Core
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- 8 GB
- Intel HD Graphics
Check availability at
HP Z238 Microtower Workstation
Increased productivity at an affordable price
With the HP Z238 Workstation, you will gain peace of mind from our extreme test and validation processes designed for mission-critical environments. Work smart with software tools designed to enhance performance.
Latest and greatest in technology
Enjoy the latest in performance and energy efficiency from the latest Intel® Xeon® processor family2 designed to keep up with your workload. You can choose between cost-effective integrated graphics or powerful 2D or 3D discrete graphics from NVIDIA® and AMD. With HP RGS you can take your graphics intensive workstation applications wherever you go and collaborate with colleagues around the office or around the world in real time.
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1225 v5 Processor with Intel® HD Graphics P530 (3.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.7 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 8 GB DDR4-2400 non-ECC SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- Intel® HD Graphics P530
- Starting at 8.6 kg
- 3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
|Operating system||Windows 10 Pro 64|
|Processor Name||Intel® Xeon® E3-1225 v5 with Intel® HD Graphics P530 (3.3 GHz base frequency, up to 3.7 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)|
|Processor family||Intel® Xeon® E3 processor|
|Number of processors||1|
|Memory||8 GB DDR4-2400 non-ECC SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)|
|Memory slots||4 DIMM|
|Hard drive description||1 TB 7200 rpm SATA|
|Optical drive||HP Slim DVD-Writer|
|Internal drive bays||Two 3.5"|
|Display and graphics|
|Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics P530|
|I/O Port location||Front|
|Ports||1 headphone; 1 microphone; 2 USB 2.0; 2 USB 3.0|
|I/O Port location||Back|
|Ports||1 audio-in; 1 audio-out; 1 RJ-45; 1 serial; 2 PS/2; 3 DisplayPort™ 1.2; 6 USB 3.0|
|I/O Port location||Internal|
|Ports||1 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0|
|Expansion slots||1 PCIe 3 x1; 1 PCIe 3 x16; 1 PCIe 3 x4 (x16 connector); 1 PCIe 3 x4 (x4 connector)|
|Audio||Realtek HD ALC221|
|Pointing device||HP USB Optical Mouse|
|Keyboard||HP USB Business Slim Keyboard|
|Network interface type||LAN|
|Network interface||Integrated Intel® I219-LM PCIe® GbE|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power||280 W external power adapter, up to 85% efficiency, active PFC|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||17 x 44.2 x 39.9 cm|
|Weight||Starting at 8.6 kg|
|Software||HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS)|
|Warranty and Services|
|Warranty||3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.|
|Services (Care Pack)||Receive 5 years of next business day onsite repair from an HP-qualified technician for your computing device, if the issue cannot be solved remotely. For more information on Care Pack services, please visit www.hp.com/go/cpc.|
-  Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com
-  This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Professional software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 10 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
-  Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 16 GB (for Windows 7) and up to 36 GB (for Windows 8.1 and 10) of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
-  Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
-  HD content required to view HD images.
-  Optional or add-on feature.
-  External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
-  Intel Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.