- Intel Core i7
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 6 GB to 8 GB
- NVIDIA Quadro
Please call 007-803-331-5068 (toll free) for more information or Contact Us
Check availability at
HP Z2 Tower G4 Workstation
The Z2 Tower is equipped to handle demanding 3D projects with high-end certified professional graphics power. And with high clock speeds, you'll get full unthrottled performance, even with your heaviest workloads.
Built to expand
HP's most expandable entry workstation is designed to grow with you. Whether you need to swap graphics, increase CPU power or add specialized PCIe cards, the Z2 Tower can meet your every-changing workload requirements.
HP's most secure and manageable workstations
Get powerful protection from evolving malware threats with self-healing, hardware-enforced security solutions like HP Sure Start Gen4  which protects against BIOS attacks. Plus, easily manage multiple devices with the HP Manageability Integration Kit Gen2 .
- Intel® Core™ i7 8700 Processor with Intel® UHD Graphics 630 (3.2 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 8 GB DDR4-2666 ECC SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
- NVIDIA Quadro P620 2GB Graphics
- Starting at 7 kg
- 3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
|Operating system||Windows 10 Pro 64|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i7 8700 with Intel® UHD Graphics 630 (3.2 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)|
|Processor family||8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor|
|Number of processors||1|
|Memory||8 GB DDR4-2666 ECC SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)|
|Memory slots||4 DIMM|
|Internal storage||1 TB 7200 rpm SATA|
|External drive bays||Two 5.25"|
|Internal drive bays||Two 3.5"; Two M.2 NVME 2280 SSD|
|Display and graphics|
|Graphics||NVIDIA Quadro P620 2GB Graphics|
|Graphics||NVIDIA® Quadro® P620 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)|
|I/O Port location||Front|
|Ports||1 headphone/microphone combo; 2 USB 3.0 (1 charging); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™|
|I/O Port location||Rear|
|Ports||1 audio-in; 1 audio-out; 1 DVI-I single link; 1 RJ-45; 2 DisplayPort™ 1.2; 2 USB 2.0; 4 USB 3.0|
|I/O Port location||Internal|
|Ports||1 USB 3.0; 2 USB 2.0|
|External I/O ports footnote|| Optional or add-on feature|
|Expansion slots||2 M.2 PCIe 3 x4; 1 PCIe Gen 3 x16; 2 PCIe 3 x1 (x4 open ended connector); 2 PCIe 3 x4 (x16 connector)|
|Audio||Conexant CX20632-31Z, 1.5W internal mono speaker|
|Pointing device||HP USB Premium Mouse|
|Keyboard||HP USB Business Slim Keyboard|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power||500 W external power adapter, up to 92% efficiency, active PFC|
|Energy Efficiency Compliance||ENERGY STAR® certified|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||35.6 x 16.9 x 43.5 cm|
|Weight||Starting at 7 kg|
|Security management||HP Business PC Security Lock Kit; HP Keyed Cable Lock Kit; HP Solenoid Hood Lock and Sensor; HP UltraSlim Cable Lock Kit; HP Client Security Suite Gen 4; HP Sure Start Gen 4; HP Sure Run; HP Sure Click; HP BIOSphere Gen4|
|Software footnote|| 3 DisplayPort 1.2 in Performance model.|
|Warranty and Services|
|Warranty||3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.|
|Services (Care Pack)||Receive 5 years of next business day onsite repair from an HP-qualified technician for your computing device, if the issue cannot be solved remotely. For more information on Care Pack services, please visit www.hp.com/go/cpc.|
-  HP Sure Start Gen4 is available on HP Workstation products equipped with 8th generation Intel® or AMD processors.
-  HP Manageability Integration Kit Gen2 can be downloaded from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/overview.html
-  Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.windows.com
-  Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  In accordance with Microsoft’s support policy, HP does not support the Windows® 8 or Windows 7 operating system on products configured with Intel and AMD 7th generation and forward processors or provide any Windows®8 or Windows 7 drivers on http://www.support.hp.com
-  Intel® Optane™ memory (cache) is sold separately. Intel® Optane™ memory system acceleration does not replace or increase the DRAM in your system and requires configuration with an Intel® Core™ i+ processor.
-  vPro. Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Compatibility future "virtual appliances" is yet to be determined.
-  Intel Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
-  Only 2 DIMM configurations run at 2400 MHz and 4 DIMM configurations run at 2133 MHz.
-  For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 36GB of system disk (for Windows 10) is reserved for system recovery software.
-  Optional or add-on feature
-  HD content required to view HD images.
-  Intel® HD graphics 630 is configurable as a standalone graphics option; Intel® HD graphics P630 only used when NVIDIA® Optimus™ Technology is enabled.
-  NVIDIA® Quadro® mobile professional graphics support up to four independent displays when using a HP ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt 3 (sold separately) or DP 1.2 hubs with MST.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required and sold separately. Availability of public wireless access points limited. The specifications for the 802.11ac WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the workstation to communicate with other 802.11ac WLAN devices.
-  3 DisplayPort 1.2 in Performance model.
-  HP Client Security requires Windows and Intel® or AMD 7th or 8th generation processors.
-  HP Performance Advisor and HP Remote Graphics Software requires internet access.
-  EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country. Search keyword generator on HP’s 3rd party option store for solar generator accessories at www.hp.com/go/options.
-  Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
-  With Blu-Ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
-  Some devices for academic use will automatically be updated to Windows 10 Pro Education with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Features vary; see https://aka.ms/ProEducation for Windows 10 Pro Education feature information.
-  Intel® Optane™ available Fall 2018
-  HP BIOSphere Gen4 features may vary depending on the PC platform and configurations requires 8th Gen Intel® processors.
-  HP Manageability Integration Kit can be downloaded from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/overview.html
-  HP Client Security Suite Gen 4 requires Windows and Intel® or AMD 8th generation processors.
-  HP Sure Click is available on select HP platforms and supports Microsoft® Internet Explorer and Chromium™. Check http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA7-0922ENW for all compatible platforms as they become available.
-  HP Sure Start Gen4 is available on HP Workstation products equipped with Intel® 8th generation processors.
-  HP Sure Run is available on HP Workstation products equipped with 8th generation Intel® or AMD® processors.
-  HP Sure Recover is available on HP Workstations with 8th generation Intel® or AMD processors and requires an open, wired network connection. Not available on platforms with multiple internal storage drives, Intel® Optane™. You must back up important files, data, photos, videos, etc. before using HP Sure Recover to avoid loss of data.
-  External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen.
-  Configurations with the Xeon E-2124G, E-2126G, E-2136, E-2144G, 2174G and E-2176G offered on the Mini Performance model only.
-  1TB, 4TB and 6TB Enterprise Class 3.5” HDDs.