- Intel Core i5
- Windows 7 Professional 64
- 256 GB SATA SSD
- 4 GB
- Intel HD
HP ProDesk 400 G4 Small Form Factor PC
Power through your day with high-performance 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 processors unleashed optional Intel® Optane™ memory, up to 32 GB of DDR4 memory, and discrete graphics.
Expansion that extends your investment
The full value of your investment comes with expansion that extends the life of your PC. The HP ProDesk 400 SFF has two bays and two half-height slots, and optional legacy ports.
With 8 total USB ports, two video outputs, and optional Bluetooth™ connectivity, the HP ProDesk 400 SFF becomes a hub for all your devices in the office.
Tested and ready
The reliable HP ProDesk 400 SFF experienced 120,000 hours of the HP Total Test Process and now has an optional dust filter to help extend the life of your PC by reducing airborne particulate intake in the most demanding work environments.
- Intel® Core™ i5-6500 Processor with Intel® HD Graphics 530 (3.2 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
- Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro 64) – HP recommends Windows 10 Pro.
- 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
- 256 GB SATA SSD
- Intel® HD Graphics 530
- 4.6 kg
- 3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
|Operating system||Windows 7 Professional 64 (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro 64) – HP recommends Windows 10 Pro.|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i5-6500 with Intel® HD Graphics 530 (3.2 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)|
|Processor family||6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor|
|Form factor||Small form factor|
|Memory||4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)|
|Memory slots||2 DIMM|
|Internal storage||256 GB SATA SSD|
|Internal drive bays||One 3.5" HDD; One 9 mm slim ODD; 1 SD 3 reader|
|Display and graphics|
|Graphics||Intel® HD Graphics 530|
|I/O Port location||Front|
|Ports||1 headset connector; 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1|
|I/O Port location||Back|
|Ports||1 audio-in; 1 audio-out; 1 DisplayPort™; 1 power connector; 1 RJ-45; 1 VGA; 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1; 4 USB 2.0|
|Expansion slots||1 M.2 2230; 1 Turbo Drive (M.2 PCIe); 1 low-profile PCIe 3 x16 6.35 cm (2.5"), 16.76 cm (6.6") length, 35 W max power|
|Audio||Conexant CX20632 codec, 2 W internal speaker, universal audio jack, headset and headphone front ports (3.5 mm), multi-streaming capable|
|Keyboard||HP USB Keyboard and Mouse Combo|
|Network interface type||LAN|
|Network interface||Integrated Realtek RTL8111G GbE|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power||180 W external power adapter, up to 85% efficiency, active PFC|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||9.5 x 29.6 x 27 cm|
|Security management||DriveLock; Power-on password (via BIOS); SATA port disablement (via BIOS); Serial enable/disable (viaBIOS); Setup password (via BIOS); Support for chassis padlocks and cable lock devices; Trusted Platform Module TPM 2.0 Embedded Security Chip (SLB9670 - Common Criteria EAL4+ Certified); USB enable/disable (via BIOS)|
|Management features||HP Client Catalog; LANDESK Management; HP SoftPaq Download Manager (SDM); HP System Software Manager (SSM); HP BIOS Config Utility (BCU); HP MIK for Microsoft SCCM|
|Manageability features footnote|| HP MIK is not preinstalled, however available for download at http://www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement
 LANDesk subscription required.
|Warranty and Services|
|Warranty||3 year (3-3-3) limited warranty and service offering includes 3 years of parts, labor and on-site repair. Terms and conditions vary by country. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.|
|Services (Care Pack)||Receive 3 years of next business day onsite repair from an HP-qualified technician for your computing device, if the issue cannot be solved remotely. For more information on Care Pack services, please visit www.hp.com/go/cpc.|
-  Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  Intel® Optane™ is sold separately and requires a 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processor, bios version with Intel® Optane™ supported, Windows 10, version 1703, an Intel® 200 series chipset, M.2 type 2280-S1-B-M connector on a PCH Remapped PCIe* Controller and Lanes in a x2 or x4 configuration with B-M keys that meet NVMe* Spec 1.1 and Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) 15.5 driver.
-  Sold separately or as an optional feature.
-  Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.windows.com/.
-  Some devices for academic use will automatically be updated to Windows 10 Pro Education with the Windows 10 Anniversary update. Features vary; see https://aka.ms/ProEducation for Windows 10 Pro Education feature information.
-  This system is preinstalled with Windows 7 Pro software and also comes with a license and media for Windows 10 Pro software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc.) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data.
-  Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  In accordance with Microsoft’s support policy, HP does not support the Windows 8 or Windows 7 operating system on products configured with Intel® and AMD 7th generation and forward processors or provide any Windows 8 or Windows 7 drivers on http://www.support.hp.com
-  Due to the non-industry standard nature of some third-party memory modules, we recommend HP branded memory to ensure compatibility. If you mix memory speeds, the system will perform at the lower memory speed.
-  For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB (for Windows 10) is reserved for system recovery software.
-  Wireless cards are optional or add-on features and requires separately purchased wireless access point and internet service. Availability of public wireless access points limited. The specifications for the 802.11ac WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the notebook to communicate with other 802.11ac WLAN devices.
-  Intel® HD Graphics 530: integrated on 6th gen Core™ i7/i5/i3 processors
-  Intel® HD Graphics 630: integrated on 7th gen Core™ i7/i5/i3 processors and Pentium® G4620, 4600, 4600T
-  Intel® HD Graphics 610: integrated on Pentium® G4560, G4560T, Celeron™ G3950, G3930, G3930T
-  Sold separately or as an optional feature.
-  Miracast is a wireless technology your PC can use to project your screen to TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use Miracast to share what you’re doing on your PC and present a slide show. For more information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast.
-  HP MIK is not preinstalled, however available for download at http://www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement
-  EPEAT® registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country. Search keyword generator on HP’s 3rd party option store for solar generator accessories at www.hp.com/go/options.
-  External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not low halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be low halogen.
-  The serial port is no longer standard to the chassis. A serial port and PS/2 port PCIe combination are available.
-  NOTE: Your product does not support Windows 8 or Windows 7. In accordance with Microsoft’s support policy, HP does not support the Windows 8 or Windows 7 operating system on products configured with Intel and AMD 7th generation and forward processors or provide any Windows 8 or Windows 7 drivers on http://www.support.hp.com.
-  Linux is not available for all regions/countries.
-  2 SATA connectors.
-  LANDesk subscription required.
-  (1) PCI Express x16 graphics connector; (1) Internal M.2 PCIex1 connector for optional wireless NIC.
-  80 PLUS Bronze: 180 W, up to 85% efficient, active PFC.
-  CyberLink Power Media Player: select models only; CyberLink Power2Go: select models only; Foxit PhantomPDF Express: Windows 7 only; Skype for Business Certified: is not offered in China.
-  Intel® Turbo Boost technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost capability. Intel Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
-  HP Drive Lock is not supported on NVMe drives.
-  HP Sure Click is available on most HP PCs and supports Microsoft® Internet Explorer and Chromium™. Supported attachments include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PDF files in read only mode, when Microsoft Office or Adobe Acrobat are installed.