The Technology Behind HTC Vive
A virtual room
The Vive Base Stations track head and hand movement with sub-millimeter accuracy to instantly reflect those actions in the virtual world. Track your movements from seated to a 15x15ft play space to experience total immersion.
360° Controller Tracking
Touch the game
Reach out and interact with the virtual world using the 2 ergonomic Vive controllers. Their individual positions in space are tracked with pinpoint accuracy to support your virtual interactions.
See the difference
When each eye has it's own 1200x1080 pixel screen, refreshing at a blistering 90 frames per second7, it created a jitter-free illusion of depth and perspective that's critical for an immersive VR experience.
Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system, processor, and other system components; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. HP and Intel have not tested, and does not warranty, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. HP and Intel have not tested, and do not warranty, the operation of other system components beyond their industry standard specifications. HP and Intel assume no responsibility that the processor and other system components, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose.
- Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Support of up to 3 monitors varies by sku. 4K content required to view full 4K images.
- For hard drives, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
- Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com.
- Available on select skus.
- Actual speed may vary and is subject to network latency.
The following applies to HP systems with Intel Skylake or next-generation silicon chip-based system shipping with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Pro systems downgraded to Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, or Windows 8.1: This version of Windows running with the processor or chipsets used in this system has limited support from Microsoft. For more information about Microsoft's support, please see Microsoft’s Support Lifecycle FAQ at https://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle