- HP Hardware Support Onsite Service provides high-quality remote assistance and onsite support for your covered hardware, helping you to improve product uptime. You have the flexibility to choose between different service-level options featuring different response times and coverage windows, as well as between several coverage periods to address your specific service needs.
- Once the Customer has placed a service request via a designated HP support telephone number, HP will work with the Customer during the coverage window to isolate the hardware problem and to remotely troubleshoot, remedy, and resolve the problem with the Customer. Prior to any onsite assistance, HP may initiate and perform remote diagnostics using electronic remote support tools (where avail.) to access covered products, or HP may use other means available to facilitate remote problem resolution. Where necessary, onsite assistance will be provided by an authorized HP Represenative.
- For technical hardware issues that cannot, in the HP judgment, be resolved remotely, an HP authorized representative will provide onsite technical support on covered hardware products to return them to operating condition. For certain printers, PCs, ProLiant servers, Intel Pentium- and Xeon processor-based servers, and networking and storage products, HP may, at its sole discretion, elect to replace such products in lieu of repairing them.
- The replaced product or part must be returned within the specified timeframe and becomes the property of HP.
- The replacement product or part is shipped via a carrier or courier to the Customer’s location free of freight charges. The Customer’s requested ship-to location must not require HP to ship the replacement product or part through international customs.
- HP will provide HP-supported parts and materials necessary to maintain the covered hardware product in operating condition, including parts and materials for available and recommended engineering improvements. Replacement parts are new or functionally equivalent to new in performance. Replaced parts become the property of HP. 866177
- At HP’s discretion, HP may elect to collect failed product at the Customer's location (may vary by geographic location).
- The coverage window specifies the time during which the described services are delivered onsite or remotely.
- Service requests received after 2:00 p.m. or outside the coverage window will be logged the next business day.
- Extended telephone support may be available for select products.
- Coverage windows may vary by geographic location. Contact a local HP sales office for detailed information.
- Onsite response time specifies the period of time that begins when the initial service request is received and logged with HP and ends when the HP authorized representative arrives at the Customer's site within the coverage window. Response times are measured during the coverage window only and may be carried over to the next day for which there exists a coverage window.
- Certain capabilities that are made available to registered users, such as downloading selected HP software and firmware patches, subscribing to hardware-related proactive service notifications, and participating in support forums for solving problems and sharing best practices with other registered users
- Expanded Web-based searches of technical support documents, to facilitate faster problem-solving
- Certain HP proprietary service diagnostic tools with password access
- Support Case Manager, a tool for submitting questions directly to the HP Solution Center. Support Case Manager helps to resolve problems quickly with a pre-qualification process that routes the support or service request to the engineer qualified to answer the question. The tool also allows the status of each support or service request submitted to be viewed, including cases submitted by telephone.
- ''HP Live'' functionality for communicating directly with an online HP support engineer during standard HP business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday excluding HP holidays. Through sharing browser content, the HP support engineer will help navigate to the appropriate online content that may help resolve the problem. This real-time online help can be accessed via the ''HP Live'' button on selected Web pages.
- Search of HP and third-party hosted knowledge databases for certain third-party products in order to retrieve product information, get answers to support questions, and participate in support forums
- Once an HP authorized representative arrives at the Customer's site, the representative will continue to deliver the service, either onsite or remotely, at the discretion of HP, until the products are operational or as long as reasonable progress is being made. Work may be temporarily suspended if additional parts or resources are required, but work will resume when they become available.
- HP has established formal escalation procedures to facilitate the resolution of complex problems. Local HP management coordinates problem escalation, enlisting the skills of appropriate HP resources and/or selected third parties to assist with problem-solving.
Return & exchange information
HP Shopping will accept returns or exchanges for this product up to 30 days after delivery