- HP Hardware Support Exchange Service offers a reliable and fast exchange service for eligible HP products. Specifically targeted at products that can easily be shipped and on which customers may easily restore data from backup files, HP Hardware Support Exchange Service is a cost-efficient but still convenient alternative to onsite support. HP Hardware Support Exchange Service provides a replacement product or part to be delivered free of freight charges to your location within a specified period of time. Replacement products or parts are new or equivalent to new in performance.
- When experiencing a problem, the Customer must first place a call to a designated support telephone number. HP will provide basic telephone technical assistance with installation, product configuration, setup, and problem resolution. Prior to scheduling a unit exchange, HP may ask the Customer to provide relevant information, start diagnostic tools, and perform other supporting activities, at the request of HP.
- If, in the judgment of HP, the problem cannot be resolved remotely, HP will replace the defective product or the customer-replaceable part with a product or part that is new or equivalent to new in performance, but may have minor cosmetic defects.
- The replaced product or part must be returned within the specified timeframe and becomes the property of HP.
- The replacement product or part is shipped via a carrier or courier to the Customer’s location free of freight charges. The Customer’s requested ship-to location must not require HP to ship the replacement product or part through international customs.
- HP will ship the replacement product in a container suitable for returning the defective product to HP. Instructions and a prepaid shipping label for the return of the failed product will be included in the replacement product’s shipping container. The location from which the defective product is returned must not require the defective product to ship through international customs. At HP’s discretion, HP may elect to collect failed product at the Customer's location (may vary by geographic location).
- At HP’s discretion, HP may elect to collect failed product at the Customer's location (may vary by geographic location).
- The coverage window specifies the time during which the described services are delivered. Service is available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. local time, HP standard business days, excluding HP holidays.
- Service requests received after 2:00 p.m. or outside the coverage window will be logged the next business day.
- Extended telephone support may be available for select products.
- Coverage windows may vary by geographic location. Contact a local HP sales office for detailed information.
- As part of this service, HP provides access to certain commercially available electronic and Web-based tools. The Customer has access to:
- Certain capabilities that are made available to registered users, such as downloading selected HP software and firmware patches, subscribing to hardware-related proactive service notifications, and participating in support forums for solving problems and sharing best practices with other registered users
- Expanded Web-based searches of technical support documents, to facilitate faster problem-solving
- Certain HP proprietary service diagnostic tools with password access
- Support Case Manager, a tool for submitting questions directly to the HP Solution Center. Support Case Manager helps to resolve problems quickly with a pre-qualification process that routes the support or service request to the engineer qualified to answer the question. The tool also allows the status of each support or service request submitted to be viewed, including cases submitted by telephone.
- ''HP Live'' functionality for communicating directly with an online HP support engineer during standard HP business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday excluding HP holidays. Through sharing browser content, the HP support engineer will help navigate to the appropriate online content that may help resolve the problem. This real-time online help can be accessed via the ''HP Live'' button on selected Web pages.
- Search of HP and third-party hosted knowledge databases for certain third-party products in order to retrieve product information, get answers to support questions, and participate in support forums
Return & exchange information
HP Shopping will accept returns or exchanges for this product up to 30 days after delivery