Gift cards FAQ
About gift cards
- Cards are available at store.hp.com or by phone at 1-866-684-6707
- Cards include a free carrier with space for a personal message that you can add at time of purchase; delivered free in 5 to 7 business days
- For a quick, paperless solution, choose an electronic gift card (e-gift card) design, add a message; the card will be emailed to the recipient within 1 business day
- Cards can be redeemed for merchandise or services at store.hp.com or by phone, at 1-866-684-6707
- You can check a card balance anytime at store.hp.com, or by phone at 1-866-684-6707
- Gift cards have no fees, and they don't expire; see the terms and conditions for details
Terms and conditions
- Gift cards may be purchased online at store.hp.com or by phone at 1-866-684-6707
- Discounts do not apply to purchases of HP.com gift cards
- Gift cards must be purchased using either a credit card accepted by the HP.com or PayPal
- Minimum and maximum purchase requirements may apply
- Gift Cards are not reloadable
- E-gift Cards are sent by email within one business day
- Standard Gift Cards are delivered within 5 to 7 business days. For your protection delivery may require a signature
- HP.com Gift Cards are redeemable only for merchandise or services purchased from HP.com online at store.hp.com or by phone at 1-866-684-6707
- The only Gift Cards accepted by the HP.com are HP.com Gift Cards
- Any unused or unredeemed balances will remain available to the Gift Card owner indefinitely
- Gift Cards cannot be used to make payments of HP.com e-financing accounts
- Multiple Gift Cards may be applied to a single purchase order. To redeem more Gift Cards for a single order than our online checkout allows, call our Sales Center at 1-866-684-6707
- Gift cards may not be used to purchase other gift cards
HP.com Gift Cards have no expiration date.
HP.com Gift Cards have no dormancy fees or service charges.
Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Cards
- Always protect Gift Cards like cash
- If your HP.com Gift Card is lost, stolen, or damaged, contact us immediately at 1-866-684-6707
- Any unused unclaimed outstanding balance that can be verified as remaining on a Gift Card reported as lost, stolen, or damaged may be reissued on a new card to the original purchaser as HP's discretion.
Returns and Refunds
- Gift Cards are non-refundable except where required by law
- Where required by law and upon request, small balances remaining on a Gift Card can be refunded to a credit card provided by the person who is redeeming the Gift Card
- Where merchandise or services are returned to the HP.com, to the extent that the purchase price was paid with Gift Cards, the purchase price will be credited back to the same Gift Cards
General Terms and Conditions
- Gift Cards and their use are subject to all HP.com terms and conditions
- Gift Card purchase or use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions
- All Gift Cards are deemed to be purchased in and issued from the State of California
- HP.com reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at its discretion
Frequently asked questions
How do I redeem a gift card at store.hp.com?
- Place your purchases in your shopping cart and checkout.
- Select your payment method (a gift card may be redeemed with any available method).
- When asked to supply your payment information, choose "Pay with HP Gift Cards."
- Enter the gift card number and PIN, then apply to your balance. You can add multiple gift cards until the price is covered, or pay the remaining balance using the payment method you selected for checkout.
What's the difference between a gift card and an e-gift card?
Gift cards are shipped with a complementary card carrier and arrive in 5 to 7 business day. E-gift cards are e-mailed to the recipient in one business day. In addition, gift cards and e-gift cards are available in different amounts.
Where do I find my gift card PIN, and when do I need it?
On a physical gift card, the PIN is located on the back, where it's concealed for security purposes. Scratch off the coating to reveal the PIN. On an e-gift card, the PIN appears below the gift card number. You will be asked to supply both the gift card number and the PIN to redeem the card at the HP.com or to check its balance.