Get quick answers to common questions
Standard returns process
Print FedEx prepaid label (Smartphone users can access barcode)
Place all items in original packaging.
Affix RMA label on outside box (or smartphone users can Write R# on the box)
Drop-off package at FedEx or FedEx authorized shipper.
Obtain receipt for your drop-off.
Military APO/FPO returns process
If you are an APO/ FPO customer outside the HP.com Store delivery area, the standard HP.com Store return policies apply; however, you are responsible for shipping the product back to the HP.com Store state-side returns depot, plus handling, customs, and inventory liability that may be incurred. To start a return or exchange:
Receive email from HP.com Store with RMA and return shipping info.
Place all items in original shipping box.
Write your RMA# on outside of box.
Ship the product to HP.com Store address provided in the authorization email.
Business, Commercial and Large volume orders must be returned through your account manager.
HP.com Store (United States customers) – standard returns policy
- HP.com Store will accept returns or exchanges up to 30 days after receipt of your order.
- Only items purchased from HP.com Store either by phone or online are accepted.
- Exceptions do apply and include but are not limited to gift cards which cannot be returned except where required by law and packaged software which can only be returned if the original packaging is unopened.
- Any product returned without prior authorization or outside the HP.com Store return/exchange process may experience a delay in refund. Also, you assume liability for any lost product.
- A refund is initiated once we receive your return.
- Original shipping and handling charges may not be refunded.
- If item being returned was part of a group of items purchased, the remaining amount spent may no longer be eligible for any discount you may have received (i.e. for gifts purchase, free gifts, buying in quantity). If this is the case, the discount is subtracted from the price you paid for the returned item.
- If you received a damaged or defective item, we'll get you a replacement of the same or similar product.
- If you received a product that and you'd like to exchange it for something else, our representatives will be glad to assist you.
- Your exchange order is initiated once we receive your return.
How to return?
Please follow our easy return process described here.
What can I return?
Items purchased with HP.com either by phone or online and within the return window can be returned; however, there are some exceptions:
- Opened software.
- Gift cards; except, where required by law.
- Software download/upgrades.
Can I exchange or get a replacement?
- Yes. You can submit a product replacement or exchange request through our Standard return/exchange process.
When will I get my refund?
- Credit for return is issued as soon as we confirm receipt of the merchandise. Depending on your financial institution, credit can usually takes about 5-7 days.